Chapter 8

Liam's breath hitched at Niall's request. He expected such a proposal from him but not so soon. Emotions ran ramped when letting the question run through his train of thought. He needed to please himself and the human who found his way to him in a pleasing way.

“Of course I won't hurt you, Niall.” He brushes a few strands of hair away from his face and gets a better view. How could he get so lucky?

Niall sighs and bites his lower lip. “Okay. If Zayn, Harry, and Perrie can trust you, then so can I.” He sends Liam a gentle smile and thinks of an idea.

“Why don't we learn more about each other.” Niall takes an opportunity to grab Liam's hands and lead him onto his bed. He moves him with ease and looks right into the same caramel brown eyes again.

Niall has a lot to spill about himself for Liam who never seen the outside world, from his knowledge.

“So, I wasn't born here. I'm from Ireland, which explains the Irish accent. My father still lives there, but I decided to come here to Oaktown in order to branch out and go to the school that I've always wanted to go to. Its been one hell of a ride so far, but I think a few new things have given me hope.”

Liam smiles, nodding shortly after listening to him. Why would he come here of all places? Does he know the risks of staying in this cramped up area?

“My mum passed away a few years before I came here, but she told me: never give up on what you want to do in your life, or you'll regret it entirely. She probably stole it from an inspiring quote book or maybe from poetry, but it has stuck with me since then. I don't give up on what I want, and that's never going to change.”

Liam looks at him in amazement. His mother seemed really sweet, but he could relate to him. “I'm sorry about your mum's passing.” He sighs and thinks about what he went through a while ago. “My own parents were...” Biting his own lip didn't stop him from feeling an intense shiver creep up and down his spine. “They were murdered right in front of me when I was little.” Niall's eyes grew wide. He let Liam continue. “It brought a whole range of emotions, mostly anger towards the people who did it. I wanted revenge and I sought it for years until they were suddenly found dead deep within the forest one morning.” His breath hitched. The image of them flashed back through a quick train of thought. “Nothing could exceed how graphic the scene was. But I was happy. They were gone and that's what I wanted after their actions towards my parents.” He let a sinking feeling in his stomach dissipate. “Now, their offspring is the leader of my pack... and I don't feel safe.”

Niall feels the similar sensation run up and down his spine, eyes locked on Liam who appeared disheveled and overall worried. He didn't know the first thing about a werewolf's true abilities, but Liam could get into some serious danger. He wanted to keep him safe.

“My first promise to you is to keep you protected from this person, okay? He can't track us here, from what I know of.” Niall purses his lips in thought. Would he actually stay safe in the comfort of his own home? What about Liam? He was an easy target to spot.

Liam takes ahold of Niall's hands again, kissing the base of them delicately to show a sign of comfort and security that the human has given him.

“There's a high probability that he won't find me here unless someone were to sniff out my scent or tell on me for staying too long in town.” The thought angers him immediately, but Niall squeezes his hands and calms him down again. “Either of those options would end up with horrible outcomes, and I'd have no control over them.”

Niall runs his hands along Liam's arms, trickling his long fingers down the bulky, hairy limbs. He earns a small laugh from the werewolf who also grins a little.

“I can't believe that this feeling exists.” He cups Niall's face in his hands. “Your touch, accent, and overall choice of words give me a sense of hope. Everything will be okay if you're always around to keep me at ease.”

His eyes flicker here and there to examine Niall again, wanting to appreciate the beautiful man who took him in after an easy promise was made. Nothing felt better than to hold him in his arms and know that they'd be okay and safe for days to come.

“We have to remember our promises,” Niall eventually spoke up.

Liam waited for a response and earned one when allowing the Irishman to cuddle into his side. He pressed a kiss to his head and let out soft hums. Nothing felt better than this for either of them. This was heaven.

“I'll never forget to keep you safe and hold you close when the time is right. You are the definition of my happiness, my emotions that only reflect what you do to change them. I rely on you more than anybody else now, and it sounds like a lot of work-”

“Whatever it takes, Liam,” Niall interrupted him. He found himself looking into his partner's eyes and melting all over again. This was going to happen often, won't it? “I will do whatever it takes to keep you happy and avert any of those negative emotions that come your way.” He nods firmly. “You have to know that I'm a busy person when it comes to reality, though.” He sits up to get serious. Liam follows and pays attention. “I still plan on working and getting my degree. After that, we can do whatever we want, go wherever we want as long as I can find a perfect job for the two of us.”

Liam laughs softly. What's gotten into him? “You are starting to sound like me. Should I be worried?” Niall shakes his head and puts on a gentle smile that keeps his significant other at ease again.

“Not at all. This is what I want and since you really need me in your life, then that's how I'm going to think until the end of time.” He clears his throat and licks his lips. All of this talking took a lot of energy out of him, but he enjoyed it. He enjoyed Liam. “You are a huge priority now, and as an adult, I'll have to make tough decisions that will work out for the both of us. Is that clear?” Liam nods instantly and kisses his temples.

This sudden action brought a chill down Niall's spine, avoiding a blush that'd clearly paint his cheeks. Instead, he brought him into a hug. One that kept them close and tightly together for a few minutes. Liam held him without hesitancy, eyes falling shut. He wished for this moment and desired to hold him again after their separation that felt like years went by.

“You make the calls now. I'm an Alpha, so that's usually one of my duties, but I live in your world now. I listen to you and obey, in any matter.” Liam's voice became serious, a little bit huskier than before. Niall hums and stands up from the bed, feeling a surge of energy course through him within seconds and he didn't know how. Questioning it would waste more time, so he dragged Liam outside into the moonlit town.

They both looked around until Niall got onto Liam's back with ease, gently wrapping his arms around the werewolf's back. The alpha turned his head and rose his brow at the manly yet also kind of adorable human.

“Where are we going? I can run for miles.” This brought a smile to Niall's face instantaneously. They only maneuvered up the cliff near his house, though.

Liam set Niall down on the rock that Louis always sat on, giving his head a quick kiss. He sits down on his own and looks out onto the town in a new light, hearing Niall hum a soft tune that caught his attention.

He let him do his thing and listened to each beat, falling into some sort of trance that brushes his worries away and more. Nobody has made him feel this type of way in months, and it brought happiness. But also fear.

The thought of losing Niall sent goosebumps along his every limb, and he couldn't help himself. Niall this and Niall that. He cherished this human being with every fiber of his being and nothing would change his mind.

He looked over after a short wide and smiled to himself, getting lost in the beauty that sat only a few feet away from him. Niall was all his.

“This is your life now, Liam. Your home.”

~*~

Author's Note: I loved this chapter so much! I hope you did as well, and there's a big storm coming... at a very slow pace. I love you all and thanks for reading x