Chapter 21

Niall walked back into the bedroom after setting the pregnancy stick down on the counter. Liam sits up from his spot, his brow raised in curiosity.

“If you're not pregnant-”

“We'll try again,” Niall quickly interrupted. He wanted this to finally be the day. “We will keep trying until it works because that's all I can think about right now.”

Liam rests a hand on his right shoulder. He plants a soft kiss to his neck. “We will keep trying. Nothing is stopping us.” He plants another gentle kiss and sighs.

Niall smiles a little forcibly. He held back a sad one. “I just want it to finally work out. I thought our first time without the condom would do the trick but-”

“It's harder than you'd think, love.” Liam presses a reassuring kiss to the side of his head. “We just have to be really patient and careful. Even if it takes another month or so. We are going to keep trying.”

Niall nods and bites his lower lip.

“Guess we need to try harder.”

“You think so?” Liam smirks a little to himself. “Maybe we should try some new positions in bed... We're always doing missionary, after all.” Niall hums, melting into Liam's chest. “I mean, you're always begging me to fück you on your back but maybe that isn't the solution? Maybe we should do it when you're on all fours, or I'm standing back against the headboard and fücking down into you, or-”

“Oh, I gotcha!” Niall laughs softly. He feels Liam's soft lips coming onto his skin. “You decided to take advantage of the situation and fulfill your own sexual fantasies?” Niall playfully punches him in the stomach. “Fück off, Payno!”

Liam laughs softly. He clutches at his stomach and kisses Niall's neck a few times before speaking, “oh come on. You know it'll benefit us both.”

Niall chuckles and rolls his eyes. He stands up to go check on the test. “It's a sweet thought, truly.” He goes and grabs it before coming back. A sigh slips past his lips. Liam's smile falters.

“Next time... for sure.”

~*~

Niall waited for the next few weeks. The symptoms were completely sudden and happened out of nowhere when waking up early in the morning. He would feel nauseous after trying to fall asleep. This happened almost every day when he was also feeling nauseous before going to bed. It was a horrible cycle that he wanted to end.

He finally decided to get a pregnancy test and took it right away when making it back home. Liam stayed back and waited in the bedroom nearby, reading a short novel that he found himself enjoying as a hobby.

“What if it isn't the baby and something else,” Niall questioned when drying his hands off with a small towel. He was also walking back into the bedroom. He gained Liam's attention and sits down next to him.

“It's definitely the baby that's got you so uneasy and flustered.” He smiles in assurance. “The weird cravings are also a huge sign. Pickles and whipped cream? I mean, that sounds so disgusting.” His nose scrunches up in pure disgust and uneasiness.

Niall rolls his eyes and chuckles. “You can't blame me for liking such a unique food!” He huffs and crosses his arms, and he averts his eyes away from Liam. “It could be a lot worse if you think about it.” His thoughts trailed off to what he could actually enjoy, but Liam scoffs and instantly brings him back to reality.

“I guess it'd be better than seeing you eat any type of meat with whipped cream.” Chills run down Liam's spine. “There'd be no way in hell that I'd kiss you. Just thinking about the textures mixed with the vastly unique tastes have me growing queasy.” He exaggerates this feeling with a gag and sets his book down on the bedside table.