05 | The Tales of Snake's Canyon

This chapter is dedicated to AlphaPirateWolf ❤️ Thanks for all your support !
...

The trees blew softly in the wind, possessing green leaves all year round. Fruit grew on some of the trees in abundance, creating sustainable food for them that would accompany their fresh meat kills. Not a soul went hungry living in their version of paradise. Flowers of all kinds grew among the grass and the sun shone brightly, emitting a warmth amidst the pack lines.

Snake's Canyon, despite the outer appearance of a dark, mysterious cave, was actually luxurious and breathtaking to behold.

The deceiving outer appearance was to ward off enemies and to keep the pack safe from harm. The territory was tightly guarded and if anybody were to stumble into there, they would be slaughtered on the sight.

A rule to keep their survival a secret and a means to protect their young.

Laughs coursed through the air in the day times while the howls filled the otherwise silent, night air. Strategically placed houses around the pack building, giving the place a homely vibe.

For the moon goddess surely blessed the Sabor Tooth pack.

As a few weeks went by Alisa started to notice how increasingly distrusting werewolves were of a supposed 'rogue'.

She'd rather blend in as someone of their species than stand out as a witch. She felt out of place and cornered - like a prisoner in utopia.

She'd taken many rounds of the lands, to know their territory by heart in case she ever made it home.

Their defence systems were quite easy to understand, she was quick to commit them all to memory. The information would prove to be greatly valuable as she hoped to bargain with the Clan Leader for her freedom.

Nothing meant more to her than the tribe.

This place was just a stepping stone on her way back home, she was sure of it.

Suddenly finding herself thrusted into a world unknown to her - trainings every other day and an increased appetite that made her feel ill. She could hardly stomach the kinds of meats they were inhaling – particularly the rawer ones.

She wasn't used to catching her own food, but Alpha Ryker insisted if she chose the path of a rogue, hunting would come in handy to survive in such a harsh wilderness. She hoped she would never have to hunt again.

It felt almost cruel to her; unlike the annalistic instinct it was for the pack.

Things in this world were strange to her, she wasn't used to a diet full of meat but rather fruit and vegetables. Witches grew their own food and only slaughtered an animal for sacrifices. They must be first presented to the gods, dedicating their faith to them forevermore.

As a way to end a tribute to the gods, they would then eat the sacrifice as it was believed to be blessed.

"Maya told me you still can't shift on command."

The voice was quiet with a hint of concern.

"No, sorry," Alisa mumbled back, staring down at the water, feeling an ache inside of her to use the magic she'd been hiding since she got here.

An enemy hiding in plain sight.

Her fingers lightly brushed the water as she scooted across the dirt. She could see her reflection in the clear, blue water.

The cut along her right eyebrow had healed nicely, leaving no trace at all. Her blue eyes were strained, bloodshot due to exhaustion and helplessness.

Alisa felt trapped in a world she didn't understand or feel particularly welcome in.