Chapter 2: Companions and Past Edgy Life

*(Y/N)*

It's been a while since I got Naofumi out of the hellhole which is a kingdom. It was annoying that people were looking down on him, but when I looked at them... which is more like a blankless stare... they flinched and looked away and kept going on with their daily routine. Probably the wings at that time, so I hid the wings for not getting notice of being whatever this world's history and race has about my kind... that I recently have. Though he did have at least help. The Blacksmith from yesterday has at least didn't hit Naofumi (or I think he tried to understand Naofumi)... but he did throw a bag of low-class clothing he can use at least to cover himself from the dangers.

That's at least the nicest thing that anyone can do since the rumor has spread.

Then, my rumors were started to spread, but it was worse than Naofumi's rape allegations.

And no... I wasn't accused of the same assault with extra steps. Apparently, one of the rumors I've heard was something else. It wasn't that bad, but it has way more lies than I thought it would be. You assume that I would also get a bad bash just because I was with the "Rapist", right?

Nope! Apparently, I don't get beat around the bush for that.

It has to be some dumb shit that the bitch had spread a rumor of me. Something about holding something dear of her and whatnot. No one knows what I did that gave the eyes of the period-haired bitch, but I'm pretty sure it's fucking lies and all that bull is worse than the gossip spread to me in my old world. I doubt someone from a world where I get beaten down a lot would like me at all.

The other rumor I've heard was something... I guess different? I don't know why and I don't know the reason, but everywhere I go, there's a rumor about me having a radiant look that charms any crowd... and that sticks on to me more than Myne's rumor on me. What's so different with my face than with anyone else? My looks are so normal like anyone else. Very different and pretty much punchable.

And I'm beating myself mentally because I'm just like that. I don't see anything so radiant about it. Even when I went to the water to look at my reflection, it's nothing, but the same ol' face I've always known.

It's already annoying enough that I can understand other people's emotions from their outside perspective, but it's already dumb enough that some fights are going on because of my face... my "beautiful, beautiful" face that people like... Fangirls especially.

Ugh... just thinking about it is making me more of an asshole... to myself.

Anyways, I am currently helping Naofumi with leveling up, so that way he can at least get those experiences in. There were a few things that I got to note down when I'm around with Naofumi. First off, Naofumi can absorb certain materials that can change his shield and the way its use. The Legendary Shield grants an immense of defense and pain tolerance... as he can endure small attacks from these orange ballon demons. The other is the absorption that came from the shield. It seems like the shield has a variety of transforming into various shields that focus mostly on resistances. However, he must do this on his own. So both levels and the materials used can change the restrictions.

So far, we've leveled up a bit, but because this world is a bitch... I leveled up more than he did. So far I was level 5 and he is... level 2. I assume that it was the little ballon demons and a few low-level animals, but I think the luck was high enough to add in a few experience points in my favor... which I hope doesn't last long... maybe up to Level 10 at most. And funny thing... because of those ballon demons, Naofumi... "Catch" a few of them. I think I know where it's going, because earlier...

.

.

.