Imagine• Lost in the woods (a.i)

The forest floor is decorated with crunchy brown leaves that have fallen due to it being mid-fall. Ashton is a few steps in front of you, mumbles lyrics to a song pushing past his lips and a crease in between his eye brows from frustration. An endless amount of beaten down paths leading you in different directions.

You had gotten lost about an hour ago trying to find Michael, Calum, and Luke at the camp spot. Luckily you and Ash brought a small blanket to wrap around yourselves if it got cold.

"Do you even know where we're going?" You snap, unable to control the attitude in your question.

Ashton doesn't even make eye contact with you when he retorts back a sharp, 'yes', and continues to walk.

You didn't like it when he was frustrated but you couldn't help but be twice as flustered as each direction you go seems to be the wrong one.

"Ash, we obviously aren't going to be able to find them, continuing on will just get us more lost." You say, trying to straighten out your boggled brain. "Let's just rest, please?" Your snappy tone has dialed down a few notches being replaced with exhaustion.

He stops and sighs before nodding. He takes the small duffle bag he had insisted to bring, off his shoulders and throws it down harshly beside you.

Ashton starts to clear a patch of land of the many separate tree limbs and large rocks while you rummaged through the bag to see if there is any useful supplies in it.

You find a flash light, Ashton's lucky drum stick, a box of matches, a family sized bag of Skittles, one of Ashton's sweatshirts, a lion stuffed animal, and phone charger along with both of your phones.

'Well, at least if we get attack by an angry pack of wolves we can pelt them with skittles while fending them off with a drumstick and create snares from the nine foot long phone charger.' You think, smiling smugly to yourself.

Ashton piles up some large sticks and tree limbs into a neat, tepee-shaped pile. You hand him the box of matches, which he takes without even glancing at you. Soon the pile of wood engulfs into a steady flame of vibrant oranges.

"We can just sleep here and start back up in the morning." Ashton concludes while laying down the small, yet puffy blanket. "Is that alright with you, (Y/N)?"

He finally looks to you after all this time. His hazel eyes shimmer with the same adoration that you have seen your entire relationship but are also graced with annoyance from the long, unsuccessful, trip to find our friends.

You nod and stand in front of him, unsure of what to do. He goes over and retrieves his sweatshirt from the bag before walking over to you.

"Up." he commands, eyes fleeting down to your arms.

You do as told and lift your arms above your head. He takes off your dirt covered t-shirt and quickly puts his sweatshirt on you.

You blush at the gesture and mutter a 'thank you'. He smiles for the first time in the last hour and you find yourself grinning back.

He flicks his head over to the tiny spot he has set in front of the flickering fire. You follow him as he lays down on the blanket facing the fire. He leaves a gap for you to lay in. You do so and he protectively drapes his arm over your body.

The fire hot blaze heats your skin as Ashton slowly breaths in your ear. The crackle of burning wood and night owls are the perfect sounds to get you to drift off but the four words that leaves Ashton's mouth are enough to make you fall into a deep unconscious paradise.

More imagines to come!!! Probably a Luke or Michael one next, I'm not sure...

Comment and Vote, thanks!!!

Also the GIF I posted with this imagine I do not own and I probably wont ever own the GIFS/PICS so this is just a small note.