23

Bella

"I know you're a bit old for toys, but Hamleys at Christmas is amazing,"

"No one is too old for toys, especially if you never got any,"

He stood behind me, resting his hands on my shoulders and guiding me through a crowd of people.

There were fairy lights everywhere, with snow flakes and tinsel hanging off all the walls. Many grand Christmas trees stood tall, and there were toys everywhere.

The boys had gone off, leaving Luke and I got to go round on our own. I loved spending time with him, because he didn't expect much from me. He didn't make me feel bad for not doing something if I wasn't up to it.

"You can have something if you want, but it's just a nice place to walk round,"

"When everyone comes over, Will your mum speak to me?"

"She's not as horrible as she came across. She was feeling off, and you were feeling off, and she wants to get to know you,"

"Will Ashton's family want to talk? Or Michael's? Or Calum's mum?"

"I'm sure they will all speak to you sweetheart, but it gets really crazy so don't worry if someone doesn't get to you,"

"All your siblings seem nice, can you thank your brothers for still talking to me,"

"I will do later. Are you gonna help cook?"

"Probably. Will I have braces by then?"

"No, after. You can talk to Mali about it when she comes over. Do you like London?"

"Yeah, thankyou for bringing me,"

"My pleasure,"

We walked round for a bit, admiring the displays. Kids were picking up toys, staff were demonstrating things and there was a buzz of happiness trough the air.

"Did you go on lots of holidays when you were younger?"

"A few, and I'm still young thankyou very much,"

"I know you guys are my family, but what was it like to have siblings and parents?"

"Could be annoying, but you have the best times with them too. I think we've had many of them together,"

"Me too,"

"Why so many questions?" he said, spotting the others by the exit.

"I'm just wondering, I guess. I'm hoping I can feel like that at Christmas because I really love you guys, and I do think you're family, but it will be different with everyone round,"

"It's ok, I get what you mean. Living with us isn't exactly your typical family,"

"I love it though,"

He laughed, throwing his arm round my shoulder as we met the other boys. We left and went to a restaurant, Ash and I ordering a salad while the others got pizza. 

Luke chucked some of his chips on my plate, playfully leaning his head on mine and pushing me to the side. I grumbled, Calum taking a photo of us which made us both start posing.

I loved it with these guys, especially when they weren't stressed from work. They loved each other. Their friendship was so clear to see, and they didn't care what people thought.

No one tried to be tough, they let their emotions out and helped each other through it- and they always cared for me.

I sill found it crazy, how quickly they took me on and chose to adopt me. Although, it felt like I'd known them my whole life.

"You ok?" Michael nudged, pointing to my barely touched salad.

"Yeah, just thinking,"

"About?"

"It doesn't matter," I smiled, starting to eat again, "I'm fine, I promise,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah,"

Thankfully, they brushed it off and talked between themselves until I'd finished.

We ended up going to the palace, Calum taking my hand and taking me as close as we could get.

"The guards actually wear those hats?"

"Yeah," he laughed, "Do you think you'd suit one?"

"No way,"

"Ashton would fit right in, he's always grumpy,"

"Not always, only about 98% of the time," I giggled, jumping as he came behind me.

"That's not true,"

"I was joking,"

"I wasn't," Calum snorted, "you're just lucky and don't see that side of him,"

"Because he loves me more,"

"She speaks only facts,"