Chapter Forty Three

Abigail's POV

"You did so good honey." Mom smiles at me, I smile and kiss my my mom on the cheek. 

"She's so beautiful." I whisper tears fill my eyes and start rolling down my cheeks. "She looks... like Amelia." 

"That doesn't mean anything Abigail." Mom says softly kissing my head. "Besides no matter what, she will never know him."

I nod in agreement as I stare down at the little girl.

"Got a name picked yet?" Mom asks.

"Well I really like Olivia." I tell mom.

"I think that is a beautiful name honey." Mom smiles at me.

"Thanks for being here mom, why don't you go home and get some sleep." I tell her softly.

"How about I wait for River and take Amelia home with me." She suggests.

I sigh but nod. "Mom?" I ask.

"Hmm?" She hums.

I swallow hard before speaking. "Do you think River will resent her if..." I trail off.

"That's ridiculous Abigail." A voice comes from the door, mom and I gasp to find River in the doorway holding Amelia. Amelia beams at me and the baby.

River moves toward's me slowly with Amelia and sets Amelia down beside me. Amelia stares at her sister smiling from ear to ear. "She's cute."

River chuckles. "She looks like you bug."

"Really?" Amelia says excitedly.

"Definitely." I agree, a small part of my heart breaks wondering if the reason she does is because they have the same dad.

"Alright Amelia you wanna go home with grandma?" My mom asks her.

"Yeah!" Amelia claps reaching for my mom. 

"Bye hon." Mom says and then squeezes River's shoulder gently as she passes. I scoot over and pat the bed River smiles then sits down next he wraps an arm around my shoulders and kisses my head.

"She's beautiful mama, looks just like you." He whispers low in my ear. "I could never resent anything that looks identical to you, I love both your girls no matter who their real dad is." 

Tears roll down my face. "Thank you." 

"For what?" He asks.

"Sticking around, going through this with me..." I trail off sadly.

He raises my chin to look at him and runs his thumb across my lip. "You don't have to thank me for it, I'm happy with you and the girls I wouldn't want to live without you three. I promise you I will not love her any less no matter what rather she is mine or not. Of course I hope she is but if not....she still is." He chuckles.

He's got a point even though Amelia isn't his, she kind of is his. She chose to call him dad and they act as such. River takes the baby from me and stares down at her holding him away from her so he can...admire her?

He smiles at her, her lips twitch into a half smile. "Must be a damn good dream baby girl." River chuckles at her.

I smile pull my phone out and snap a picture of them. River laughs whips his phone out and takes a picture of her. "You pick a name yet?" He asks.

"Olivia?" Abby asks.

"Olivia Vanessa Addams." River says looking at me. 

I stare at him surprised. "I-hmm... yeah, I like that." I smile.

He chuckles nodding in agreement. "Me too."

*********

Three Weeks Later

River's POV

I had wound up signing Olivia's birth certificate before even doing the DNA test. The results still aren't back I think Abigail is more anxious about it then I am. I've just accepted the fact that I may not be her biological dad.

When I did the last fight I won thirty thousand dollars, I used that and a little extra money to open up an actual boxing arena. The farm is running good the mechanic shop is running good and so is the arena. People had to pay to join and a lot more people joined then I had expected. 

The arena has an entire fitness center built onto it I definitely made my money back with it in no time. The last three weeks have already flew by I still can't believe Olivia is nearly a month old.

Olivia is starting to already sleep eight hours through the night. I heard her at six this morning got out of bed with her fed and changed her before Abby even got downstairs. I've got the weekend off but I still have things to do around the farm.

"Daddy!" Amelia yells I turn around to see her running across the yard. I wait for her to reach me she jumps into my arms. "Can I help feed the horses?" She asks.

"Sure, does mom know you're out here though?" I ask her.

Amelia nods. "She told me to come bug you she's trying to get Olivia to sleep."

I laugh at that as I head for the barn with Amelia, we feed the horses and she follows me around as I do a few more chores. "Alright I'm starving." I tell Amelia.

"Me too!" She says excitedly.

"Good let's go." I tell her I lift her up putting her on my shoulders she laughs hysterically as I walk quickly towards the house with her.

We walk into the back door that leads into the kitchen Abigail is at the counter staring down at some papers mail all over the counter. "Oh my god." She whispers not seeing Amelia and I yet.

Tears begin to pour down her face as she covers her mouth and she squeezes her eyes shut. "Abby what's wrong?" I ask her confused.

Her head snaps up and looks me dead in the eye. "It's the DNA results." She whispers, I swallow hard and my gaze drops to the papers that are in her hands.

A/N: CLIFFHANGERRRR...Sorry!