Chapter Eighteen

Abigail's POV

"So are you going to let me take you on a date now?" River asks me

I narrows my eyes at him for a second and groan shaking my head. "Are you kidding?" I ask him, how could he not know the answer to that?

He looks away and purses his lips, I rest my hand on his face and force him to look back at me. "You jumped in front of a firetruck today risking your life to save my daughters, of course you can take me out." I smile at him.

His lips part in surprise at my words, I giggle and peck him on the lips. He smiles at me for a moment then we both hear the back door open. 

Vanessa comes out carrying some food and smiles at us. "I hope that is done River because everything else is." 

"It's done." He smiles at his mom I help River take the food off the grill. 

"Food's done!" Vanessa yells, I giggle. 

Being here gets me wondering about River's dad. I swear that River's dad was around when I was younger maybe they got divorced?

"George, Lucy!" Vanessa says excitedly. 

I turn around to see a couple about Vanessa's age coming toward's her. "Who's that?" I ask River curiously. 

"Greg's mom and dad. Greg's dad is my mom's older brother." River explains to me, I nod in understanding.

I sit down at the corner of the table River sits at the front of the table beside me, Jake sitting down beside him and Holly beside Jake.

It's a damn good thing this is such a huge picnic table River had to pull up a chair to sit at the front of it, Vanessa sits way down at the other end.

Jake takes a bite of his burger. "Jacob!" Vanessa yells.

"What?" He asks confused. 

"You can say grace." Vanessa smirks.

"Oops." Jake chuckles.

River and I both laugh lightly.

"Amelia Cory!" River yells for them. "Get over here!"

They come running Cory sits beside me Amelia crawls into River's lap as Jake says grace. We all mumble Amen when he is done.

"Mommy I want ketchup!" Amelia yells excitedly staring at me.

Everyone becomes dead silent, so silent you could hear a pin drop.

River leans forward and grabs the ketchup for Amelia, everyone stares at me in shock apart from Vanessa and River.

I mash my lips together trying to think of something to say.

"What did she call you?" Cindy breaths.

I look at Cindy who is beside Holly across the table, I'm about to answer but River beats me to it. "She called her mommy." River says in a 'duh' tone.

"That's your kid?" Holly gasps.

"Isn't she like three or four?" James asks in shock.

"She just turned three." I admit, my stomach turning from the looks they're all giving me.

"Wouldn't that have made you like fourt-" Lindsay says in a 'disgusted tone.'

SNAP.

I slam my hands down on the table and stand up.

"Abby." River tries but it's to late for that.

"You know what fuck you all, don't look at me like that!" I yell. "I'm not some kind of fucking whore."