Chapter Seventeen

River's POV

Something between Abigail and I shifted. I can't explain it but she's different towards me in a good way I think. It's always hard to tell with her she is so damn unpredictable.

She's currently standing in the kitchen with my mom smiling and laughing, helping her with the food. Which is weird, my mom and her like each other a lot already I can tell. Amelia is sitting on the counter between Abigail and my mom.

I grab a beer out of the fridge. "Holy fuck ma I should of just invited the entire town to the cook out, you know we'll have left overs til Christmas."

Mom and Abby both turn to glare at me. Abigail opens her mouth to speak but mom beats her to it. "Boy don't cuss in front of the baby what's the matter with you?!" Mom scolds me.

"Exactly." Abigail says sternly giving me that 'crazy mom' look again.

"Wow, I feel out numbered I'm going back outside." I say raising my hands as if in surrender. Abigail giggles but shakes her head.

I get outside and light a cigarette, the guys start pulling into the driveway. Along with the girls I'm sure Abby will be happy to see her friends.

I'm beginning to wonder if Abigail has a game plan or if she is just going to let them find out the same way I did.

When I found out Amelia was actually her daughter it confused me like really bad because of a text Abigail had sent me. She said I was her first and last kiss, that didn't make sense if she had a baby until she said she was raped then it made sense. 

Anger sears through me just thinking someone forced her-

"Hey man." Jake says coming up the steps holding Holly's hand cutting off my train of thought.

I raise my eyebrows at him and he smiles, okay so they're dating.

"What up?" I ask.

"Not much sorry we're running late Holly was taking forever to get ready." Jake chuckles and she shoves him. "Ow I was just kidding." 

She giggles and walks into the house.

I point after her and nod. "Nice." I say to Jake.

He grins at me. "I know."

I didn't even know he liked Holly. "How long?" I ask.

"Couple weeks." He says.

I put Charcoal in the grill and light it. "We gonna blow shit up tonight!" Greg hoots.

"How much fireworks did you buy?" I ask surprised.

He shrugs. "Back of my truck is full."

I laugh. "Yeehaw!" I hoot.

And they all laugh. Alex, Aiden, Derek, James, and Greg start unloading fireworks and other explosives. 

Jake stays up on the big back porch and helps me cook the hamburgers, brats, and hot dogs. Molly, Madison, and Amelia come running outside. Amelia has been a bit of a trouble maker today so I quickly grab her before she runs off the porch with the girls.

"Hey!" She squeals kicking.

"Wait Amelia listen to me." I say sternly.

She huffs but focus's on me her eyes meeting mine. 

"You don't go near the pool, stay in the yard. If you go wandering off, or get hurt mommy is gonna take you home." I say quietly not wanting Jake to hear me it's not my place or decision how everyone finds out. "Be a good girl." 

"Okay I will." She says.

"Promise?" I ask.

"Pwomise." She coo's.

I chuckle. "You're such a trouble maker."

She giggles as I set her down and let her run off the girls chasing the dogs around playing with them. She is the cutest three year old I've ever seen in my life, so much like her mom.

Abigail comes out with a beer in her hand she comes over by me and takes a cigarette out of my pack, I chuckle.

I kinda like how she doesn't even ask I don't want her too, she shouldn't have too.  "I left mine at home." She says as she lights it, I nod in understanding. "Where is-" she cuts off "never mind I see her." 

Jake wanders off into the house.

I look down at Abigail and she looks back at me and smiles. 

"Decide how you're gonna tell them?" I ask her.

"If I have to tell them I will." She shrugs. "There is no real way to go about saying it without cause." 

I lean down and peck her on the lips, she looks surprised but doesn't argue it. She smiles and starts looking around the yard watching the girls then she see's what the boys are doing.

"What the fuck is all that?" She asks.

"Fireworks and maybe some serious explosives." I say casually.

She stares at me bewildered.

"Relax mama not til later, besides we're totally safe about blowing shit up." I say.

She laughs. "You're all crazy." She says as she wraps her arms around my waist, I wrap an arm around her shoulder and kiss her on top of the head. She rests her head against my chest.

We stand this way for several minutes as I flip the food. Then we both here whistling, we both look over to see Holly, Jake, Cindy, and James smirking at us.

"It's about god damn time." James laughs.

"Shut up." I grunt they all laugh and walk away.

Abigail bites her lip looking up at me through her lashes. We're not official, she still won't even let me take her on a date but I think we're making progress. 

I'm taken aback when her gaze drops to my lips and that is the only hint I need. I lift her chin a fraction and smash my lips to hers.

She kisses me back sliding her hands up my chest, make me shiver involuntarily. My stomach flips, my heart races as she tangles her finger in my hair. One of my hands go around the back of her neck she parts her lips and I dart my tongue into her mouth.

She tastes so damn good, my breathing becomes faster I press her closer to me holding her around the waist.

The kiss is far to intimate for all the company we have but I don't even care and she doesn't seem to either.

I tangle my fingers in her hair and she moans slightly. The last time she moaned into a kiss she shoved me off her but she doesn't this time. 

She molds herself to me, she fits so damn good into me I groan in pleasure. I now realize I've got a hard on I press my front into hers and she moans grinding against me.

"GET A ROOM!" Greg hoots.

We break apart this time Abigail blushes but giggles. 

"Get a life." I fire back at Greg and we both laugh, Abby buries her face in my chest probably out of embarrassment. 

"So are you going to let me take you on a date now?" I ask her.

She narrows her eyes at me for a second and groans shaking her head. "Are you kidding?" 

A/N: HEHEHEEEE CLIFF HANGERRRRRRRR!!!!!!! Do you think she is gonna cave yet?!