Chapter Thirty One

A/N: Hey readers I have to apologize for not having updated this book sooner.

River's POV

"River! Mommy said to wake you up!" Amelia yells climbing onto the bed and on top of me. I groan in pain when her knee gets me between the legs. 

"Mmm yeah? I'm definitely awake." I groan she nods excitedly I sit up she climbs on to my lap and hugs me tightly.

Abigail walks in with my clothes and leaves them on the bed I kiss Amelia on the cheek and hand her to Abby. 

"He woke up right away!" Amelia says.

"Really?" Abby asks.

"She got me in the nu-" I start but Abby cuts me off.

"Okay! Maybe next time I should wake you up." Abby giggles walking out of the room I chuckle as I put my shirt on.

When I get downstairs Abby is in the kitchen standing over the stove. "Hungry?" She asks looking at me.

"No mama I gotta get going David is gonna be at my place any minute." I shrug.

"David your cousin?" She asks.

"Yeah." I say, I walk up behind her and trail kisses down her neck. She giggles and pulls away from me slightly that's when I realize she has her work clothes on.

"Oh fuck you gotta be to work soon?" I ask.

"Yeah when kids are done eating I'll just run them out there is your mom doing okay to watch them?" She asks.

"I'll take them out there with me David and I were gonna wait for you to get off work anyway then head out of town." I explain to her.

"Oh okay." She smiles and presses her lips to mine. "Thank you."

"No problem mama." I mumble against her lips, she smashes her lips onto mine. She breaks the kiss and goes back to cooking her own breakfast.

Cory and Amelia finish quickly, we head out to my car I grab the boosters out of Abby's car putting them in mine.

Once they're strapped in I get into the driver seat and pull away from the house. 

"River?" Amelia asks.

"Yeah baby girl?" I ask looking back at her.

"Who is David?" She asks.

"My cousin, he's just coming to visit." I tell her.

She purses her lips and then nods looking back out the window. She reminds me so much of her mother when she does that.

We get out to my place I unbuckle Amelia and carry her into the house with Cory holding my hand. I open the door up and mom is coming down the stairs. "Oh hi!" She says to the kids excitedly.

"Hi Nessa!" Amelia says excitedly she begins to squirm I set her down and she runs for my mom. My mom lifts her up kissing her cheek then looks at me.

"David should be here soon." Mom says to me.

"Alright." I say as I hang up Cory and Amelia's jackets. "I'm gonna go shower quick and I'll be back down. I can help you with the kids today if you need." I tell mom.

"No I'm good." She smiles at me as she heads for the kitchen. Since she's doing okay today I head up the stairs to take a shower and get a change of clothes. 

When I am finished cleaning up I head down the stairs there is a knock on the door so I quickly answer it. David is smiling widely at me, I laugh and pull him in for a bro hug. "Damn dude it's been way to long." 

"Hell yeah it has been." He laughs. "How you been?"

"Good." I tell him. We walk to the kitchen and mom is cooking lunch for Zane, the twins, Cory, and Amelia.

"Holy shit Aunt Vanessa have more babies since I saw you last?" He ask confused.

I throw my head back and laugh, mom chuckles shaking her head.

"David that is Cory and Amelia. Amelia is my girlfriends daughter, Cory is my girlfriends brother. Mom babysits them she's currently at work." I explain.

"Oh yeah? Abigail you said isn't it?" He asks.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Cool, she got a kid? You cougar huntin'?" He asks.

I smile and shake my head. "No man she's same age as me, got pregnant at a young age." I tell him I'm not so sure I should be telling him about her being raped. Being raped is not something Abby likes everyone knowing and I don't blame her.

"Baggage." David raises his eyebrows.

"I wouldn't say that, Amelia is great." I tell him.

The kids finish eating, Amelia comes up to me eyeing David. I lift her up and she buries her head in my shoulder shyly. "Wanna watch cartoons?" I ask her. 

Abigail has told me before that Amelia can get shy particularly around men, she believes her father is mainly at fault for that.

"Yeah." She whispers.

"I gotta take a leak man and run my things upstairs." David says.

"Okay." 

I head into the living room turning the TV on for Amelia I sit down beside her and she gives me a strange look. "Alright bug what is wrong?" I ask her curiously.

"I don't like him." She whispers.

"How come? He's nice I promise." I tell her.

She shakes her head as if in disbelief at what I'm saying. I drop the subject unsure what to say to her, I know Amelia is very picky on people she doesn't like everyone. 

*******

It's almost six thirty by the time Abigail comes into the house. "Mommy!" Amelia squeals dropping her crayons.

"Hi Amelia bug." Abigail says squatting down and lifting Amelia up. David and I approach them, Abigail looks at David curiously, and then quickly looks back to Amelia with a small smile.

"You still coming?" I ask Abby she looks back and forth between David and I hesitantly.

"Actually no, I haven't been feeling good today." Abby says barely making eye contact with me. 

As much as I want her to go I do not want to push her on the subject. "Okay." I nod in understanding, I help her get Amelia and Cory ready quickly then get them to the car.

She pecks me on the lips then quickly turns away from me, I grab her arm spinning her back into me David comes outside and walks towards the car she watches him for a moment then looks back at me. "What is it?" I ask her.

"Nothing babe, I just think I might be getting the flu and drinking so doesn't mix with that." She shrugs.

"You sure?" I ask her I feel like there is more to it but she refuses to tell me so I kiss her goodbye and head for Davids car.