Chapter Nineteen

Abigail's POV

"Look Abby how they acted was ridiculous but just stay. You know maybe if you'd told people before they wouldn't have freaked out so much." River explains. 

This day has been completely shot in the ass so much has happened but he's right I shouldn't let other people ruin the holiday especially for Cory and Amelia.

"Fine you're right." I nod solemnly. 

He grabs my face between his hands and kisses me softly, we head back outside to where everyone else is.

We finish eating, Cory and Amelia are happy that we're staying everyone else surprisingly seems to be too. 

I decide to wander off to the barn after River said they had a couple horses. When I get into the barn there is a black one with grey specs all over him, a brown horse, and a pure white one. I pet the first one, he licks my hand and I giggle. 

"That's Pepper, he's kind of a flirt." River chuckles I turn to see him in the doorway and smile at him. 

"He's beautiful." I tell him continuing to pet the horse, then go to the brown one. "What is this one's name?" I ask.

"Rocco." River says. "The white one is Jasmine, she's our only female now. We had one just like her, her name was Sugar." He says sadly.

"What happened to her?" I ask.

"She got out of her pen while I was cleaning stalls out and a mountain lion found her before I could." He says clenching his jaw. "Sugar was Molly's horse Jasmine is Madison's. Molly was heartbroken about Sugar for a while."

"When did this happen?" I ask confused.

"The end of last summer, I plan to get her a new horse though." He shrugs.

"Which horse is yours?" I ask.

He smirks. "The flirt."

I laugh as I pet Jasmine shaking my head. "Train him did ya?" I ask.

"Damn right I did, that horse is a total lady killer." He says wiggling his eyebrows.

I roll my eyes as I walk back towards him Amelia comes running in. "I wanna ride one!"

"Mmm how about another day cutie." River tells her.

She bows her head and pouts.

"Boy is she good at that." He says pursing his lips, I giggle and nod in agreement as I pick her up. 

"She learned from the best." I smirk and he laughs but nods in agreement.

"Take her out of here I'll saddle one up and take her for a ride, long as you don't care." He shrugs.

"Sure, I don't care I trust you." I say softly.

He stares into my eyes for a long moment. "It's about time." He whispers.

I smile in return. "Just don't like ever lie to me it'll be a deal breaker." 

"I wouldn't dream of it." He says softly.

I head out of the barn so he can saddle up one of the horses without Amelia getting in the way. Once we're outside I carry her toward's the cows to show her and she smiles.

"Moo!" She yells at them, I laugh.

"You're something else bug." I tell her. "Give me a kiss."

She smiles and pecks me on the lips. "Love you mommy." She coo's and rubs her nose against mine.