Chapter Twenty Two

Abigail's POV

He steps into the house pushing me so hard I fall back onto my ass and he slams the door shut. "Don't you fucking talk to me like that little girl, I am still your father!" He booms.

Amelia comes into the hallway. "Mommy you okay?" She asks I quickly stand up grabbing her and moving away from my father.

"Where is your mother?" He asks angrily.

"She went out with Rita." I say. 

"Fine, I got all day." He says going into the living room and plopping down on the couch. Oh my god why is he here?!

I quickly head up the stairs with Amelia and stop in front of Calvins door first. I knock lightly and wait but no answer, so I knock harder. 

The door opens. "What?" He groans tiredly.

"Dads here." I whisper. 

His eyes widen. "He didn't hurt you did he?" 

"No no I'm okay get Cory, we're leaving." I say. I quickly pull Amelia into my room to grab my car keys and slip some shoes on.

We walk down the stairs very quietly I stop on the first step leaning against the wall and peak around the corner. He's glued to the TV and has it up loud enough to where he won't hear us.

"Go." I whisper to Calvin who is holding onto Cory. Calvin quickly sneaks past the living room doorway I grab Amelia carefully and look around the corner, he's still glued to the TV I speed walk across the doorway.

I open the door shutting it quietly behind me and run down the stairs across the yard to the garage. I quickly put Amelia in her car seat and back out of the garage, down the driveway. As I'm backing out dad is now standing on the porch yelling. He tries to run after the car but I quickly speed away.

He runs to his car to get in. "God he's going to catch us." I whisper.

"Nah I slashed that fuckhead's tires." Cal says.

I turn to him and grin wickedly then raise my hand high fiving him. "Nice!" I say.

Part of me feels panicky I can't believe dad is in town, I don't even know how he found us. 

"Where we gonna go though Abby?" Cal asks. 

"I guess I didn't think about that." I whisper. "Hand me my phone." I don't want to call River he says he was going to be busy and I know he'd drop what he's doing if I need him.

So I call Cindy instead, it rings three times and she answers. "Heyy." 

"Hey Cindy, can I come over?" I ask. 

"Yeah of course." She says.

She tells me the address it's the opposite side of town then I live on. We reach a big blue house with white shutters and an attached three car garage. 

"Nice." Cal says.

I nod in agreement and we quickly get out of the car. We head up to the door I knock the door swings open a few seconds later its Cindy. "Hey." She smiles.

"Hey sorry to bug you." I say apologetically.

"No no not at all!" She says seeming genuinely happy to see me. We walk into her house she tells the kids they can watch TV or play with the toys, showing them where there is coloring books and stuff at.

"So um you wanna talk or?" She wonders.

It'd be dumb not to tell her why I'm here. "Coffee?" I ask.

"Absolutely follow me." She says and we head into the kitchen. After she makes two cups she sits one down in front of me. 

Cindy is standing across the island from me that I'm sitting at, I sigh running a hand through my hair. "I'm sorry to randomly come over like this. I just didn't wanna bother River he said he would be busy today." I say.

"River is always busy trust me." Cindy snorts and shakes her head. "He used to come over quite a bit with Jake to see James and for the last year he hasn't. He used to be really different his attitude is better around you but..." She trails off and shrugs. "I don't know."

Now she's got me wondering what his deal is? "Anyway my dad um showed up and stuff so.." I trail off, looking away. "He's like a fucking asshole Cindy I can't take these kids back to that house as long as he is there." I say in a strained voice a couple tears escaping. Cindy's eyes widen in horror.

"Oh honey of course not stay here as long as you want." She insists. "My parents won't be home for two more weeks, they're in Hawaii so it's just James and I here." 

"Thank you." I whisper. "I don't think he'll be here longer then a few hours though but never know with him." I admit with a shrug.

Cindy comes over and hugs me kissing my cheek. "God the things you have to deal with." She says sounding horror struck, I laugh lightly at that.

"It's fine." I tell her.

We sit in the kitchen for awhile talking, then I decide to call mom but I get no answer.

I sigh and decide not to call the house phone because he may still be there. 

*********

By 8 PM it's beginning to get dark James quickly comes down the stairs and Derek walks in. I'd texted River earlier but he hasn't answered me today.

"Where you going?" Cindy asks in irritation.

"None of your fucking business nosy ass." James says angrily.

"Asshole much?" I ask.

Cindy looks at Derek, Derek purses his lips for a moment. "We're just going out with the guys babe." Derek says, it sounds like a total lie.

"With River?" I ask Derek.

James and Derek share a strange look then back to me. "Yeah." Derek nods.

"Why is he ignoring me?" I ask surprised, he's not to busy to hang with his friends but to busy to even text me back? Great...

"He's not Abby he just get's busy, I'm sure you'll hear from him later. We really gotta go, it's poker night." Derek says and they quickly walk out the door.

I look over at Cindy in shock, Cindy purses her lips and shrugs. "This is how they act." She whispers.

"All the time?" I ask.

"Derek blows me off like this just like River is doing to you now I've just learned to deal with it. I like Derek a lot and it's hard to just..." She shakes her head and shrugs.

I stand up grabbing my keys. "Watch the kids." I growl. 

"Abby don't!" Cindy yells standing up grabbing my arm.

"I have to, I need to know what he is hiding I will not be like you a year from now wondering what the fuck kind of shit my boyfriend is doing behind my back. I NEED to know." I say sternly she drops her arm and nods.

I quickly head out the door the  boys are just pulling away I run to my car jumping in starting it putting it in reverse and slowly follow after them.

A/N: CLIFFHANGERRR! What do ya think River is doing? LOL shame shame!