Ghosts

Oliver walked into his room throwing down his backpack onto his bed, junior year was over. He now had the rest of the summer to do whatever he wanted. Nobody was going to stop him from staying poolside all summer at the country club. Oliver had worked every summer at the country club since he was 14. He would have gladly done it all year round but his father wouldn't allow it.

He heard his sister come into his room. Bree was a beauty queen, her hair and clothes always perfect and everything about her was perfect. Their mother made sure of that and everyone told her and Oliver how much they looked alike. His uncle joked that if they put a dress and wig on Oliver, you wouldn't be able to tell him and Bree apart.

"It's summer!" Bree yelled at the top of her lungs as she flopped down in his bed, nearly knocking him off his own bed.

"Shit Bree!" Oliver yelped

"Oh don't be so dramatic, it's not that far of a drop to the floor."

"I don't want to tempt fate, I'd like to spend my summer being able to swim unlike last year."

"I told you and Stan not to jump into the pool from the roof." She smiled big, his sister was never without a smile. He wasn't so sure she didn't smile in her sleep.

"You are the one who bet us a month's allowance that we wouldn't do it." Oliver shoved his sister nearly off the bed.

"Don't be so sore about it. Besides you got a lot of attention from Betty Mitchell last year with that broken arm." She giggled

"Oh yeah because that's what I wanted, stuck up Betty's attention. I'd rather pulled my own hair out, she so boring all she did was talk about herself all summer. I almost broke my other arm just so I'd have to go back to the hospital."

"You're so dramatic little brother. Besides every girls going to be chasing after you this summer with how tall you've gotten." She said getting up off his bed.

"I don't like it when girls are too obvious when they like you. Nothing worse than a clingy girl."

"You are strange Ollie. Most boys would die to have the attention of every girl at the country club."

"Well not me, I've had it my entire life. Just once I'd like to meet someone and I annoyed them. The chase is half the fun right? That's what Doug says anyways." Oliver laughed, his sister boyfriend was dull as a box of hair.

"Ugh, do you know he thought it was inappropriate for us to be seen sitting up a lovers point? No one notices anything at lovers point, Ollie! I swear first chance I get I'm dumping him." Bree grumbled.

"Mother would have a cow! You know she's expecting you to get engaged this summer and drop out of school to be a housewife."

"Why is she so old fashion? It's the 1976, woman don't have to be housewives. Promise me when you get married you will let your wife have a career!" She smacked his leg.

"Hey! You didn't have to hit me! And I don't plan on getting married. I want to travel, get my degree, make a name for myself. That way I don't have to rely on mom and dad."

"Yeah right, mother will make sure you marry the perfect little Jewish girl. You are her perfect little Oliver. I think you could murder someone and she would help you clean it up." Bree laughed.

"You are insane Bree, you would kill someone before I would." Oliver began to laugh. The sound of the front door opening quieted them both. It was four o'clock which meant their father was home. As they stood still, they could hear him walking down the hall as he approached Oliver's room he peered in his face was stern and he always looked as if he was judging them.He was a presents that sucked all the joy out of a room.