What happened to Elio?

(Authors note: I hate how short the last chapter was so I released this one too. Happy reading!)

Marzia greeted Elio and Oliver with open arms, she and her family lived in the home she had grown up in not far from Elio's.

"Elio! Oliver! I've missed you two so much." Marzia kissing each of them on the cheeks.

"Thank you for inviting us, it got us. I'm excited that Luca is cooking." Oliver was genuinely excited.

"God, don't let him know, his head is big enough. His restaurant just got another star if it makes it to four he will be impossible to live with." She joked.

In customary Italian style they primarily ate outside for every meal in the summer, Marzia had strung lights around the entire outside area lightly it beautifully.

"How is Valentina, we've not seen her since Christmas?" Elio asked taking a sip of his wine.

"She's in Mucinous for a few weeks with some friends, says she's in love and is bringing him to meet us. Should be fun and my poor Nicola is with his grandmother. How're your boys, has everything died down at home?"

"Do you tell her everything?' Oliver laughed

"Of course he does, Elio is not allowed to keep secrets from me. I know a lot of things." She gave Oliver a devilish grin.

"I don't what to know do I?" Oliver asks.

"No honey you don't, it's basically what you and Nan have."

"Oh Christ, so she knows everything. Oh shit." Oliver rubbed his hand over his face.

"They have always been like this Oliver, it's best just to leave them to it. Now it's time to eat." Luca brought out a large tray of every food you could imagine.

"Marzia did Elio tell you the good news?" Oliver asked taking a bite of his food.

"No, what's the good news?"

"Oh, nothing big, just going to fill in for Greta with the orchestra."

Oliver watched Marzia closely, there was no joy in her face when Elio announced his news.

"Oh, well that should be fun for you. We will have to come up and see you play, it was always fun seeing you in front of all those people." She took a few fast gulps of her wine. She quickly got up. "Anyone need any more wine?"

"Yeah, we could use some more." Luca kisses her hand.

She quickly rushed in the house walking down to the wine cellar.

"Marzia?" She jumped at the sound of Oliver's voice.

"For fuck sake Oliver!"

"Sorry, Marzia." He chuckled, "but I have to ask you, what's the deal with this Giovonnie guy?"

She stood holding the bottle of wine very close to her.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know you just got this look on your face when Elio announced his news, you almost looked disapproving."

"No, it's just Elio said he would never go back."

Oliver leaned against the wall, his eyebrows furrowed almost meeting each other.

"He's never said why he left, other than to go to Julliard." He looked at her and he knew she wasn't going to tell him anything. He knew that what they said between each other would never be spoken to anyone else.

"Oliver, I." She hesitated, recalibrating her words. "Go with him." She spoke softly, giving him everything but giving him nothing.

"Marzia, you know I can't our grad student, she will be here by then. Why do you keep holding back?"