09 | Phase Two

•Y/N: Your Name
•H/C: Hair Color
•E/C: Eye Color
•H/L: Hair Length

——————————————————
____________________________________
Author's POV:
____________________________________

——————————————————____________________________________Author's POV:____________________________________

____________________________________

Y/N smooths down her H/C hair, being weary of the fake set of horns on top of her head, as she enters The Devil's Speakeasy, giving Mayhue a polite smile on the way in. He rolls his eyes at her, for he obviously still isn't fond of the human working in the same establishment. She tries not to let it bother her as she descend the stairs and walks towards the bar to get started. Upon making eye contact with Loui midway down the stairs, he sends the woman a small wave with his signature smile on his lips. She smiles back at him as she had been for the past few weeks that she's been working there. Not much has changed in that time. She wasn't bullied by her coworkers, though, so that talk Loui said he'd have with them must've worked. She was not sure she could work in a place where the other employees are out to get her. As for Loui and Y/N, they've gotten a lot closer. She'd spend her breaks at the bar most times just to talk to him, for she found him to be sweet and easy to talk to.

"Hey, Loui," she greets upon making it to the counter the owner of the bar stands behind. He leans against the counter, smiling wider as he lifts the brim of his hat to show his ruby eyes.

"Hey, Doll. How's your day been?"

"Good. I went to the beach earlier with my friends, which was pretty fun," she responds, while he chuckles and kneels down to grab the tray from behind the counter for his favorite employee.

"Sounds like you had a good time. Did you swim?" He asks while setting it on the bar before grabbing the small glasses to fill. She nods her head, recalling the nice day she had with her friends this morning.

"I thought I smelled salt water." His remark caused her to feel surprised. E/C eyes widen a touch as she stares at the bartender.

"What?! I hope not, I just showered!" As though on instinct, Y/N brings up her hand to grab a lock of her hair. The woman sniffs it to see if he seriously smelled salt water, which makes the man struggle to contain a laugh. She was not exactly fond of the scent, to be honest, which is why she's so concerned about it. Confusion fills her, however, when the scent of rose-scented soap fills her nostrils. The sound of a light giggle brings the woman's attention back to the man behind the counter, who has his fingers laced together with his chin resting on top of them. Clearly, he's amused.

"It was just a joke, Doll. No need to be so serious." Loui's fingers twitch, feeling the urge to grab a lock of her H/L hair and push it back behind her ear with the rest, but he refrains from doing so. The time would come when he'd be able to do whatever he'd please with the girl, so for the moment, he'd keep his fantasies to himself. It'd only be a matter of time before she was held in the palm of his hand. Phase two would begin soon, so the wait would not last much longer.

"Oh... Well, now I feel stupid." Y/N chuckles while rubbing the back of her head with a sheepish smile on her lips. An intoxicated grin appears on the blonde's lips upon hearing the sound. It was like music to his ears, and that tint of red on her cheeks made him desire to see it more often on her face. He loves to see her get flustered, for he knew he was the cause of it. He is in control right now, and she doesn't even realize it.

"Oh, don't be so hard on yourself. I think it's funny."

"Jee, thanks." As she rolls her eyes at the man with a light smile on her lips, he begins to set up the nonalcoholic drinks in the shot glasses.

"You're very welcome, Doll Face. See you in a bit." He says after putting in a dash of the mysterious, pink substance in the drinks before shoving the tray towards her. Y/N smiles and pretends to tip a hat on her head.

"Good day to you, sir," she says in a posh voice, making him giggle and tip his own fedora.

"And, good day to you, m'lady." As Y/N walks off, the man sighs softly and rests his head in the palm of his hand, being sure to keep his eye on the girl as long as he can to make sure she's safe from harm. She held a certain charm that he liked. He was able to sense it in her soul during their first meeting and after getting to talk to her over the course of a few weeks only deepened the light feeling within his chest.

'I think I've waited long enough. It's time to move forward with my plan.' Loui takes his gaze off his precious human to take care of a customer, who decided to have a seat at the bar. He waited patiently for the end of the night to arrive when Y/N came to him for the last time of her shift. She sends him a tired smile.

"Well, that's the end of my shift," she says while putting down her tray.

"Y/N, before you go, there's something I'd like to ask," he says in a serious, yet playful tone. Confusion and worry fills her.

"Oh, is something wrong?"

"Goodness, no. I was just wondering if you'd like to join me for dinner at my apartment tomorrow night. I'm a wonderful cook. I can assure you it will be tasty." She blinks rapidly while processing his words, her cheeks lighting up.

"A- Are you suggesting a... Date?" In a way, she didn't want to be wrong, but being invited to dinner with her boss is a little odd. At the same time, she did have a small crush on the smiling bartender, but she was never going to act on it. She was surprised he even made a move. Loui laughs at the expression on her face, finding the look absolutely adorable.

"Sure. I don't see why not. I don't have many friends to hang out with, and you seem like a nice girl. Plus, I like spending time with you. If you don't mind, of course. I can understand if you find it strange of your boss to invite you to dinner. You can always decline. Your answer won't affect your job in any way, I promise." Oh, but he knew she wouldn't. Y/N is trapped in his web, and he intends on keeping her there. That look she made caused his lips curl into a smirk.

"I find that hard to believe."

"Oh?" He tilts his head slightly in confusion, his smirk fading from his lips.

"You're too nice a guy to have no friends," she claims with a bright smile that makes his heart thump at a rapid pace. Loui laughs again.

"Awe, you're just being sweet to butter me up. Looking for a raise already, are you?" He jokes, making her shake her head with a smile still on her lips. "So, 7:30?"

"... Yeah, sure. Sounds good to me. See you then." With that, the human leaves, but before she can go, Loui wiggles his right fingers at her to say goodbye as he leans against his left palm. She returns the gesture before turning her back to the man and heading up the stairs towards the exit. Beneath the brim of the demon's hat, ruby eyes glow brightly, while he grins to reveal his razor sharp teeth.

"I'll see you then, Y/N."