Chapter 103

He blinked, then smirked at me with a shake of his head. "In truth, my jacket is quite a bit older than the forties since Jasper gave it to me back in eighteen sixty five. It was one of the very first of its kind. I've always had a blatant fascination with leather clothing, but the cut of my jacket became a huge trend after Irving Schott himself saw me wearing it in New York City during one of my searches."

"The guy who designed the first leather jackets for Harley Davidson?" I quietly squealed, covering my mouth with bugging eyes. "You met him?!"

"More than that, I inadvertently influenced history," he chuckled, eyes twinkling with amusement and slight embarrassment. "I let him borrow my jacket so he could study its cut and make... it was rather unique, considering where and when it was first made, and also very well-worn by the time he started designing the first official brand of motorcycle jackets."

"Wow," I breathed, staring at him with wonder. "That's amazing!"

"In a sense, I accidentally influenced the way people dressed in World War Two," Sebastian lowly added, wiggling his brows. "Everyone was wearing jackets like me by the time the forties and fifties rolled around. It brought people together, large groups of them. That jacket of mine has a lot of history... but they just don't make them like that anymore. It's unfortunate."

I immediately got hit with an idea that made me have to hide a grin.

"So," I drawled, "you... like clothes and fashion from the nineteen forties?"

"Yep," Sebastian lowly grumbled, but he scowled when Jak smirked. After a second, he leaned down close to my ear, casting a glance at the cab driver who was watching us in his rear view mirror with curious grey eyes. Hot breath misted across my skin as he whispered, "as much as I'm ashamed to admit it, when that era rolled around, I really liked the greaser look."

"Why doesn't that surprise me?" I giggled just as quietly, covering my face. "You still dress like one today."

"I do," he snorted, smirking at my amusement with a twinkle in his eye. "I never grew out of it because to me, greasers were like human wolves. Always running around together, always watching each other's backs... loving and protecting each other. If anything, the reason why my pack behaves the way they do is from the influence humans had on me in those years."

"Wait, you were a greaser?" I whispered, surprised. "So, you didn't just... look the part? You were actually one of them?"

"Yes, I was," he admitted, chuckling lowly to himself; Cassidy turned around to stare at us, but neither one of us noticed. I was too fixed on his smile and the way his eyes crinkled. "My hair was longer then, too. Down to my shoulders. I always felt like I looked good when I slicked it back, but, to be fair, I am an old-blooded Italian, and we naturally tend to rock slicked hair." 

He chuckled to himself, quietly, as if at some internal private joke. Me? I hardly noticed, mostly because, yeah, my idea was going to work. I grinned wildly to myself and fought as hard as I could to hide it.

"You're so old," I teased, laughing when he playfully swatted my thigh. "Hey, it's okay, I don't care if you're old... I'm old too."

"I'm ancient, my beloved... not old," he purred, leaning close and kissing my cheek. "I wish, however... that I had found you a hundred years sooner than I did."

I giggled quietly, feeling giddy as I whispered, "I wasn't even born back then!" 

He rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean."

I nodded, because I did know.

He had done something so special for me by fixing my mother's music box that I wanted to do something extremely special for him, too. And you know what? I was going to make him a replica of his favorite jacket, but better. I could do it... all I needed was the materials for it.