Vampire Boarding School - Chapter 11

So for anyone who is interested here's chapter 11. Things still aren't explained but they're getting there, and you'll all find out about it soon enough! Happy reading guys!

Chapter 11

It had seemed like a good idea at the time, but now that I was in the way-too-big bathroom I didn’t really know what to do with myself. Showering was just an excuse to be alone, but I figured that while I was here I may as well get cleaned up – if everything you hear about vampires on the telly is true, then I must be stinking to high heavens as far as ‘Damian’ was concerned.

Damian. It was a pretty name, suited him well. In some unknown way it almost seemed slightly dark and gothic which suited me well. Suited me well? Now I was acting like this was actually happening. Of course it was at that moment that I remembered the way he had turned at the window. There was a good chance he could hear my thoughts. Well, that was embarrassing.

I looked over to the shower. It was stainless steel, just as the rest of the bathroom was, and although it was a cold looking room, I knew that it had instantly been promoted to the status of ‘warm and comforting’ the second I had begun to use this room as a sanctuary.

I walked over to the shower, opened the glass door and began to fiddle with the control system. Why make it so complicated? I thought to myself. After a few more seconds of fiddling I heard Damian shout from the bedroom, “knob on the left controls heat, and the one on the right controls pressure.” Yes, thank you, smart ass! I thought to myself again, but mentally kicked myself, knowing that my thoughts were no longer safe.

I quickly undressed myself and jumped in the shower. I had so many questions, but as the warm water cascaded down my back and over my shoulders to my chest, tummy and legs, I felt far too relaxed to even think. This was a shower sent from heaven!

I don’t know how long it had been when I was suddenly startled by a soft knocking on the door.

“Who is it?” I asked, instantly feeling incredibly self-conscious about my being naked. But it was a silly question, I knew it was him.

And as if confirming my thoughts he left my question unanswered. “You’ve been in there a while and you didn’t get a chance to eat, so I went to the kitchen and got you some food. It isn’t much but I thought maybe you were hungry?”

He may have said it like a question but I was pretty sure he was just doing that not to freak me out. Even through the loud sound of the shower the grumbling in my stomach was still plain to hear. I couldn’t help but appreciate the gesture, knowing that although I must have been here a while he had waited for me to finish, patiently I might add, and then got me food when realising my hunger. It was almost kinda sweet, but I couldn’t admit that to him.

“Okay, well I’ll just leave it on the dressing table so you can get it when you come out.” I hadn’t realised I’d been in there so long without answering him. I saw the light under the door shine through again, and I knew that he must have gone. I took this as my cue to finally get out the shower.

Putting the towel around me I walked over to the mirror, wiping away the steam that had covered it. I once again found myself in the mirror, but looking the most relaxed I had ever seen myself. It must have been the shower, I thought to myself.

But this got my mind racing again with all sorts of questions. Did the vampires actually drink blood? Were all the myths and legends surrounding them true? And as for Damian’s connection with me, how far did it go? Could he really read my thoughts? When I look at myself in the mirror, can he see too?

I found myself backing away, and freaking out. I decided that dressing in front of mirrors was a big no-no from now on.

Speaking of which, I knew I had to face my doom some time. I found a pair of jeans on the chair in the corner of the bathroom, along with a shirt and socks. No shoes though – not going anywhere anytime soon then I see.

I found a hairbrush and quickly combed through my still damp hair, but had nothing to do with it other than leave it. I wanted to look presentable for Damian for some strange reason, and felt unhappy that I couldn’t.

I took one last deep breath while looking at the door before deciding to take the plunge and open it, not knowing what would greet me on the other side.

I counted down in my head; 3 … 2 … 1 …

There was nothing, just an empty room. I was almost somewhat disappointed at not being greeted by my captor, but I knew that in some way he must have his own life to get on with. On the dressing table was a tray, filled with pancakes, waffles, syrup and all sorts, along with a single rose, the brightest red that I had ever seen. I picked it up to find attached a note, in the most beautiful handwriting – I suppose when you’ve been around hundreds of years you learn to perfect that sort of thing.

I ripped open the envelope and pulled out the note wasting no time.

Dearest Jessica,

Although I wish I was able to stay with you and explain more of what must be an absolute mystery to you, I have unfortunately been called to see Master Shires. Please accept my apologies, and I hope to be returning to you soon. Until then you may help yourself to anything within my room – what was once mine is now ours, so feel free to do as you wish. I must ask you, however, to stay within the confines of our room until such time as I return. Although the other boys are well trained some are still young and have yet to get control of their urges.

But you need not fear anything, although I may not be with you, the boys all know that if anything were to happen to you there would be hell to pay.

I shall be seeing you shortly,

All my love, Damian X

I had to admit, although I found the note slightly too affectionate, and almost incredibly threatening, it did make me feel much safer. It was nice to know that if there was ever any problem with ‘the boys’ it would be taken care of easily and without a fuss.

‘The Boys,’ It seemed rather an affectionate nickname, but I suppose when you live with people this formally for a long time you get strange nicknames like that.

Still grasping the rose, I carried the plate over to the bed. If he was telling the truth about ‘what’s mine is now ours’ then he can’t complain about me eating on the bed. It was the comfiest seat after all. As I ate I thought about everything: Damian, Shires, the boys and Stephanie – she must be worried sick! Though Madame Marke would no doubt have explained everything to them by now. They didn’t even get a chance to know me well enough to miss me. The thought sent a silent pang of sadness through my stomach. I guess there girls would never be my friends after all.

And as for Shires, I had no doubt that they were talking about me, and as much as I wanted to know what exactly they were saying, I felt to annoyed by the whole thing to even care. Well, I guess this was my life now.

**************

Not much, i know, but its a start, i have a the rest of the week with nothing to do so i may even get two or more chapters up! We can always hope =P

so comment, vote, all that jazz! See you soon! =)