Chapter five

Claires pov

I saw Makayla walk with Jaxon and the rest of the boys. I knew she wouldn't last, they never do. I walked to my usual table and sat down. I just started to work on my project for art when Luke walked up to me and sat by me. "What do you want Luke?" I whispered. "Look at me," he ordered. I looked up at him. "Tell me what's wrong," he pleaded. "No, just leave I'll ruin your social status if your caught with me," I murmured. "I don't care if it gets ruined, Claire I just want to help" He sounded so sincere, but it was a trick. A no good, dirty, stinking, tricky trick. "No," I said firmly and walked away.

"Claire get your butt over here," Jaxon said. "Yes Jaxon," I asked when I reached him.

"I've heard that you've been back-sassing Luke here, is that true?" He questioned. "No Jaxon I would never backsass your friends," I said in a monotone voice. "Good now get out of my sight," he said as he waved his hand.

I scurried off in the direction of the library. He was the king, Makayla will be queen, and Im the peasant. That's how its been and always will be. I'll never be anything more, I'm worthless in their eyes.

When I reached the library I went to my usual spot. I took my book out of my bag and started to read. 'Oh how I wish that I could have a love story like this' I thought as I read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke's pov

She looked so sad. So depressed as she pulled out her school work. I felt the need to go and comfort her. To help her. I wonder why she's so afraid to talk, to speak her mind. Jaxon........I thought. She's so afraid around him. Does he abuse her out of school? With all these questions swirling around my head, I approached her.

I sat down by her trying not to get noticed. "What do you want Luke," she whispered. "Look at me," I ordered. She looked up and I saw a flash of something I her greyish- greenish eyes, but as fast as it came it was gone and replaced by fear and hatred. "Tell me what's wrong," I pleaded. "No,just leave I'll ruin your social status if your caught with me," she murmured. I started to feel angry. Angry because anyone would be lucky to be caught with her. "I don't care if it gets ruined Claire I just want to help" I could see she was debating whether I was telling the truth or not. "No," she said firmly and walks away.

"Claire, get your butt over here," Jaxon said. "Yes Jaxon?" She asked when she reached him. "I've heard you've been backsassing Luke here, is that true?" He questioned. I was about to say something when she beat me too it. "No Jaxon I would never backsass your friends," she said in a monotone voice like she's said it lots of times before. "Good now get out of my sight," he said waving his hand like he was disgusted with her. She scurried off in the direction of the library.

"Why do you hate her Jaxon," I questioned. "She's an ugly, disgraceful human being." "She's actually not that bad," I said hopefully. "Are you sticking up for her?" Jaxon sneered. "No I'm just saying that maybe you should learn about her more before you judge her." "Well I wont so don't say anymore about this subject got it batman?!" "Yes Jaxon"