Chapter 15

Brendans pov
I climbed into my car and pulled out of the driveway.
'oh don't let Claire be upset'
I reached the meet up point and got out.
"Brendan my man!"
I turned to see Jason stumbling towards me. He reeked of alcohol.
"Dude are you drunk?"
"Just a lil. Cmonnn we're having funnn"
"Is there anything business related going on?"
"Nope. Just a good ol' party."
I shook my head at him as he tried to steer me towards everyone else. I shrugged off his arm and started walking back to my car.
"where do you think you're going?"
I stopped when I heard a gun click. Turning my head, I saw that Jaxon was the one holding it. My heart started beating faster. He stumbled towards me, the gun swinging. I caught him as he tripped and felt him press the gun to my temple.
"you're going to party with us. Give me your phone and keys. And then get yourself a beer."
I dug through my pockets. Carefully taking off the engine key and the one to unlock the car I passed the ring to him. He nodded towards the one with my phone. Sighing, I started to pass it to him. It rang. We stopped, staring at the screen. Claires name was flashing across the screen with a picture I took of her offguard. Jaxon's hand tightened around the gun. He snatched it out of my hands and threw it in the river.
"Hey! What's the big idea man?"
"You will not contact her anymore. You will ignore her, cut yourself off from her. You're her bully. Not her friend."
He stepped closer.
"and if you do, I will ruin that pretty little face of yours."
I smirked.
"Awe you think my face is pretty?"
Pain exploded in my jaw. I felt my lip split. Looking up, I spit out blood. Locking eyes, I smiled.
"Why? You jealous she wants me and not you?"
He hit my eye this time. I felt my eyebrow. It was cut. I felt my anger start to boil. It exploded when he yelled at me.
"She's a worthless whore. A nobody. Not worth love. Or even an ounce of pity. She's better off dead."
I roared. He swung. I ducked. He tumbled. I attacked. We were a mess of fists. Hitting whatever we could. I felt arms around my torso, pinning my arms down by my side.
"get in your car and drive. Go."
I didn't need to be good twice. I ran to my car and started driving back to my girl.

Claires pov
I woke up to an empty bed. A deep sadness gnawed on my stomach.
'he's just downstairs.'
He wasn't. Nor was he outside. He had left. I walked back up my room. I noticed a sticky note out of the corner of my eye. Walking over I saw words scrawled hurriedly across. A note from Brendan. Just then a knock came from the front door. I ran down the stairs, two at a time. I flung the door open to reveal a broken and bruised brendan.
"What the hell happened to you?!"
"Long story, will you fix me up?"
Sighing, I grabbed his hand and led him to the kitchen. I patted my hand on the counter and he jumped up. I took his hand in mine and inspected it. While dabbing hydrogen peroxide on it, he winced.
"You big baby."
I finished cleaning all his cuts. He grabbed my hand.
"thank you."
"Its no problem."
'Please don't get closer'
"though I'll need something to ease the pain"
'i don't want to fall'
"and that is?"
'you're only temporary'
"you"
He leaned in and smashed his lips against mine. A battle for dominance ensued. Eventually he won. I broke away to breathe but rested my forehead against his.
'i don't deserve you'