Chapter Sixty-Three | Second World

Start from the beginning

Hiromasa claimed that he and Hisaya were having an affair. And when he called it off, Hisaya turned on him. He stated that they had always had a 'very physical relationship' which included some aspects of violence. When someone brought up the incident where Hisaya received a head injury, once resulting in him developing amnesia, one in which was tied to Hiromasa's henchmen, Hiromasa came up with the excuse that at that time he and Hisaya had battled, broke off their relationship for the umpteenth time and left on bad terms.

All of which, no one believed. In court, people shook their heads, baffled by how deluded the man clearly was. The way he spoke, the way his expression twisted when he thought of Hisaya Reo, the man looked obsessed.

"You should stop watching that, you know?" Hisaya whispered into Ryoichi's ear, before kissing him lightly. The man who was gripping his phone so hard, realised that he was and eased up. Faint voices continuing on as the live-stream went on.

"I know, but I want to make sure he gets what he deserves." Ryoichi argued quietly, feeling the pressure of his headache from frowning so sternly at his phone. And Hisaya did understand, but he didn't want the man on trial to ruin his first holiday with his family. So he was determined to distract Ryoichi.

Setting the two tall glasses down filled with their tantalising-looking cocktails, Hisaya joined the man on the large, round comforter that was under a canopy. They were currently on a beach, and since it was a private one for the hotel, it was quite quiet. Anyone else that was around, stuck to themselves and equally wanted their own privacy.

Hisaya straddled his lover's lap. Their courtesy robes falling open. Ryoichi's hands fitted themselves onto his young lover's thighs, keeping him in place. "Have you not left your best man behind to get that job done?"

Ryoichi lightly scoffed, "Yoshiaki isn't a judge, baby."

Hisaya leant forward so he was leaning on the man's chest. He pecked Ryoichi's lips, before cocking his head a little to the side, "And you don't think Yoshiaki will ensure your orders are carried out?" He pondered and his lover, for all his intelligent worth, gradually realised that he was being a little paranoid.

"I could kill him." Ryoichi eventually confessed, and Hisaya sighed but followed it with a smile. Lying chest to chest, he brought one of his hands up and caressed Ryoichi's cheek, brushing his thumb under the man's eyes and over the slight circles that showed up there.

"I don't doubt that, I think I could too, if I'm honest. But what good would that do? It would take me away from you, from our family. So we need to move on, baby, we're all safe and have so much time to spend together, so why spend it fretting over that piece of shit?"

Ryoichi nodded, touching the soft hand that was stroking his cheek so tenderly. He brought the palm to his lips, closing his eyes as he did. He hoisted his glorious lover higher up, and closer to him. Wrapping his arms around Hisaya's waist protectively.

They stayed exactly as they did for a short while, cradled in each other's arms, looking down to the edge of the comforter, in the direction of the two figures making a sandcastle. Asahi's bright expression was clear to see, as he wore a pair of shorts he'd chosen to wear with 'little fishies' on them. He was happily yapping away, patting the sand and just about tossing it everywhere as he determinedly tried to construct something.

Standing by his side, having been immediately taken with the little bun, was an older boy with striking red hair. He was at Asahi's every beck and call, helping him dig holes where they needed to be dug, and fetch water when the child needed it.

The sight made Hisaya chuckle. He kept his cheek rested on Ryoichi's broad chest, their fingers laced over the man's torso. Red had been stricken after what had happened, he thought that he'd 'failed' Hisaya for some reason. He repeatedly chastised himself for being weak. And that's when he broke down into floods of tears. He kept on apologising to Hisaya, and it broke his heart. Red had always been the stubborn kid, who projected a strong personality of someone who wouldn't be pushed around.