Chapter 27

That beeping, there was a loud beeping that seemed to echo in the darkness. It was loud and annoying, this infuriating beeping. Loki hissed as he opened his eyes a bright light blinding him he brought his arm up to shield his eyes from the bright assault. He hears footsteps and hears two soft clicks, the beeping stops, and the bright lights are gone a few more seconds later and he hears a door close. But he isn't left alone he feels a presence next to his bed. Putting his arm down he doesn't open his eyes. He feels gentle hands take his lacing their fingers with his.

"What happened?" he asked he cringes at his horse and rough voice. His throat was dry and in pain. He feels something touch his lips he gathers in to be a straw and take a few sips of it. Water.

"After you performed the spell you blacked out.  Doctors said you were dehydrated your heart was very weak and you were extremely hot they said it was too hot for your body to handle considering your Jotunnn form. That was four days ago... You almost died." 

"But I did. I'm here" He opened his eyes to find Isabella sitting at his bedside in the dark the only light source being the moon coming through the window. She looked beautiful in the moonlight the light frame her face like an angel and put and the shadows pulled non-existing wings from her back. He reached up and gently brushing her cheek she smiled down at him as she put her hand over his.

"you're here"

"What happened to ....?

"She's fine. She's in a high tech cell being treated by doctors and guarded by shield and Diaval. She hasn't woken up yet so they really don't know if it worked all the way but ...I think it worked I think she's going to be okay."  Loki sighed as tears began to fall down her face as she let out a sob " Loki she's going to be okay. We saved her."

Loki pulled her down into his bed letting her crawl under the covers with him and cuddle into his chest he held her as she cried happy tears. She eventually fell asleep on his chest exhausted from all that crying.

"Let me guess she cried herself to sleep," Diaval said as he steps into the room with a tray of tea and sandwiches " yeah I expected that. She has spent the last couple of days sitting in the uncomfortable chair hasn't left your side for anything but the bathroom, I had to bring her food. She was scared you weren't going to wake up and she wanted to be there when you did." Diaval put the tray down on the table at the side of his bed.

"You let her wallow in pain by my side?"

"Excuse me but Isabella is the most stubborn person to have ever been born. She is so stubborn she won't even die over a thousand years old. What makes you think I can move her?.... You move her" Diaval huffed as he stomped off towards the door.

"Diaval" Loki called he stopped " thank you for taking care of her" Diaval turned around and smiled.

"I've been taking care of her for centuries. You aren't the only one who loves her Loki. I'll always watch over her." and with that Diaval walked out of the room. 

"what happens now?"

-

Two days after Loki had woken up Vita had woken up the first thing she had did when she woke up she cried. She cried for all the horrible things she didn't it was like an out of body experience for her she could see and hear everything but she couldn't control anything. It was like she was sitting back in a void watching someone else drive her body she couldn't believe the horrible things she had done.

"Why didn't you kill me?" she asked Diaval when he found his way to her bedside. He let his own tears fall at her question. With a gentle kiss, he says