Chapter 20

Training with her 

"concentrate Neaveh , focus, pay attention" Vita said pushing Neaveh harder into her training.

After that day on the hill Neaveh meet Vita everyday in a near by field to train, not to far from home in case she was needed back and not to close for anyone to hear. Neaveh trained and tapped into abilities she didn't even know she had .Neaveh though she herself was a witch but vita said she was much greater than a witch.Before she knew it Neaveh was learning to use magic and casting spells.

 Neaveh was amazed with her abilities and grateful for the help but this training had gone on for 4 years Neaveh was 9 years old and she had questions." why all this?" Neaveh wasn't a native 5 year old anymore she had questions and now she was demanding answers " you've been training me for 4 years but for what ,why?"

"to enhance your abilities to -" Neaveh interrupted

"to make me better make me stranger but for what why do I need to be so strong" Vita hesitated

"because... I said so now back to work"

"you're going to have to answer my question one day" Neaveh said returning to her training . Sooner or later her questions would be answered.

-

Death to my sister

6 years later, Neaveh, of course, still asked 'why' at least once every week and the answer was always ' because I said so'.

She improved her magic no longer needing to speak to cast a spell she could think it and it was done. Everything was going good for Neaveh and Vita, but everyone else not so much.

There was talk of a war coming and spies in the city.  Neaveh really didn't pay attention enough to know who the war was against. But she was aware of the many people being accused of spying people were so afraid of being accused most stayed in their homes.

"why" Neaveh asked her daily question

"because I said so. haven't we been through this a thousand times already" Vita said irradiated

"NO , why the war"

"oh I don't know I don't pay attention to nonscene. But I do hear rumors about the kings brother"

"the king has a brother" Neaveh should honestly pay more attention

"it doesn't matter it has nothing to do with you. return to training".

Neaveh grumbled but never the less focused her energy around her. Immediately nature began to bloom the trees grew taller, flowers blooming faster all the nature around then grew with in minutes.

 Neaveh turned around hoping to see a proud Vita but instead she saw here walking away "very good. We'll continue this tomorrow" Neaveh smiled Vita had developed a strange way of showing her emotions. If she didn't like something she'd scoff and look away because you did something she didn't like  you didn't deserve her time. And if she liked something you did she'd nod or smile then walk away. Neaveh got use to this and expected nothing more nothing less she was happy to get what she got and not throw a fit. She was grateful for everything.

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND MOTHER"

"HE'S GOING TO GET YOU KILLED"

"HE'S NOT WHAT THEY SAY"