05

[ ✧*.。✰*.:。 ]

'dani <3'

corbear:
your mom wants me to pick you up for school today

dani <3:
why? am i not old enough to drive myself to school?

corbear:
i dunno, i'm on my way though so be ready

dani <3:
whatever dad

corbear:
what's up with you today bub?

dani <3:
just talk to me in the car

corbear:
okay, i love you :(

dani <3:
love you too

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

daniel walks out of the house with his backpack lazily hung over his shoulder, walking down his driveway and getting into the passengers side of corbyn's car.

"morning dani" corbyn says with a soft smile.

"morning" daniel mutters, placing his bag between his feet in the footwell.

"what's up, bub?" corbyn asks with a slight frown, placing a hand on daniel's thigh, "i don't like seeing you like this."

"i don't know, corbyn. i honestly don't. i've been acting like i'm okay but i'm not and i know it. recently my stress has just rocketed through the roof and i'm constantly exhausted. i just want a day for just me and you, no one else. just me and you spending time together like we used to. i miss those times, corbyn. when we went out every day after school, got ice cream or a milkshake at that little cafe, walked down to the beach and stayed there until it was dark. i miss it all, corbyn. i miss us."

"daniel, i promise that today that will change. we'll go out after school and tomorrow, since it's the weekend, i'll come over to your house and do anything you want; even if you just want to rant about how you've been feeling recently. all i want is for you to be happy, okay? i don't like seeing you like this. i like my happy, selfless, carefree dani, not the dani that is stressed and upset. i love you, a lot, remember that" corbyn smiles.

daniel returns the smile before pulling corbyn into a hug, "i love you too, corbyn. now lets get to school before we're late."

corbyn chuckles as they pull away, starting the journey to their school.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

corbyn places his phone down as three of his best friends sit down at their lunch table, smiles on each of their faces.

"where's dani?" jonah asks.

"he's with the school nurse, he feels faint and medicine wasn't working, but i'm sure it's just due to how he's been feeling recently" corbyn shrugs.

"wait— what's wrong with him?" jack questions worriedly.

"it's nothing to worry about, i'm sorting it out, he'll be fine" corbyn smiles.

as daniel approaches the table, looking rather pale, zach stands up and walks over to him, pulling him into a hug.

"you okay, dani?" zach asks.