She nods eagerly and claps her hands excitedly which makes me smile, even though I'm trying to act annoyed. She's just so cute.

I sigh then start to pluck at the chords again, closing my eyes so I don't psych myself out by seeing Billie and Finneas watching me.

"Wake up and smell the coffee. Is your cup half full or empty?" I start of a little quiet and shaky but when I open my eyes and find Billie's I suddenly feel a surge of confidence.

It's funny. I thought seeing Billie would make me more nervous, but she seems to be the only person who can actually calm me down.

"When we talk, you say it softly. But I love it when you're awfully quiet," I keep singing and see the way Billie's perfect lips curl into a little smile.

She scoots closer to me while I sing and rests her head on my shoulder, looking down to watch my tattooed fingers as they manipulate the strings. When I reach the chorus she starts to sing along with me and I instantly smile at the sound of her voice. I'm obsessed with her singing voice, I've been listening to her music way more than I'll ever admit to her recently. Fin turns in his chair to watch us as we sing together, a kind smile on his face.

"Don't hide," we both sing together before I stop playing and our heads turn to look at each other.

My eyes almost immediately flick down to her lips while hers do the same to mine, and we stare at each other in a silence that's dripping with romantic tension. I don't even remember Finneas is there until he coughs awkwardly, cutting into the silence.

"Uh, hello?" he asks and I see Billie blush as she quickly looks away from me. "That was really good, you need to sing with us more and stop underselling yourself," Fin says, apparently deciding not to press us on what happened in that little moment.

"Thanks," I mumble shyly and he gets up from his chair while looking at his watch.

"I'll be back in a few," he says simply and walks out of his room, leaving me and Billie alone.

I turn to look at Billie again and go to say something, but before I can get a word out her lips are on mine. She takes the guitar I'm holding without breaking the kiss and sets it aside on the bed, giving me freedom to pull her closer by her hips.

She moves into my lap and kisses me with even more eagerness, tangling her fingers into my hair while my hands move down to her butt.

A few seconds later, Finneas barges back into the room while muttering something about forgetting his phone like an idiot.

"The one thing I need to call Claudia. I'm such a-oh my god," he stops in his tracks when he catches me and Billie in a fairly compromising position. "You two are-oh my god! I knew it!"

Billie quickly jumps out of my lap but it's too late, Fin saw more than enough to put two and two together. We really need to stop pushing our luck when it comes to risky make out sessions.

"In my bed?" he whines and Billie blushes even brighter, glaring at me when I can't hold back my laugh.

"We're not-we were just," Billie can't seem to get a sentence out and my amused expression turns into a frown when I realize how stressed she is by the situation.

"Billie, it's okay. I think this is great," Finneas cuts in and walks over to her. "We don't have to talk about this if you don't want to though. I won't tell anyone."

Billie visibly relaxes a little and looks over at me. I give her a small, reassuring smile and she smiles slightly too.

"No, it's okay. I've been trynna tell you for a little while," she mumbles and I reach for her hand when she seems to be getting nervous again, giving it a squeeze. "We're...I don't know actually. Dating exclusively?" she says it like a question and I shrug.