58

tyler's point of view

NSFW WARNING

the phone rings and i hold it with shaking hands. my mom answers my facetime, sitting on the couch.

"tyler? hey!" mom smiles at me and then looks over to the side. "chris, look! its tyler! hes in florida!"

my dad pokes his head into the frame and waves. "hey, son. how's the sunshine state treating you?"

"well, i have some news," i tell them, my smile already growing wide. "josh proposed!" i hold my left hand up to show them the ring and my mother gasps.

"tyler, that's amazing! congratulations, baby!" mom is tearing up and my dad just smiles. "chris, say something! aren't you surprised?"

"no," he laughs a little at my moms dramatic tendencies. "i knew he was going to propose."

"you KNEW? and you didnt TELL ME?" mom slaps dads shoulder and then wipes a happy tear.

"well, josh called to ask our blessing but you werent here, so i answered for the both of us," he's smiling at her. "i figured you'd say yes anyway. and you're terrible at keeping secrets, kelly."

"shush," she hits him again and then decides to yell for my brother. "jay! jay, get in here!"

"what?" jays voice comes from far away, probably from his room.

"come here! josh proposed to tyler!" she tells him the news and then looks back at the phone. "im so happy for you two."

"i know. dad told me," jay calls down to my mom and i giggle.

"what? chris, youre no better at keeping secrets than i am! do zac and maddy know?"

"no. if i told either of them, tatum would find out."

"dont forget pepper and mia. those two are the biggest gossips ive met," josh replies, finally coming to sit with me.

"joshua! my new son in law! how are you?" my mom turns her attention to him instead.

"im good!" he smiles and offers a small wave.

we finish up the conversation and i move onto the next call i have to make.

i start a group video call with maddy, zack, and tatum. they all answer within moments of each other.

"yo, whats going on?" maddy is the first to speak. "hows florida?"

"yeah, yeah, yeah. florida was good. get to the news," josh pipes up again, slinging an arm around my shoulders.

"josh proposed!" i hold my hand up again. ill never get tired of looking at the ring on my finger, and ill never get tired of the man who put it there.

after everyone is made aware of our engagement, we both set our phones aside and look at each other.

"josh," i bring my hands to his cup his cheeks. "i love you."

"i love you more," he leans forward to press his forehead against mine. "and im really glad you said yes. if you didn't, the rest of this trip wouldve been a bit awkward."

-

i wake up to josh's hand on my shoulder.

"baby, we gotta get up. we have a plane to catch," his voice is gentle when he speaks.

"i don't want to," i turn to lay on my stomach, my head turned away from where he's squatting by the bed.

"do you remember the plan for today?" his hand moves to the small of my back.

"to stay in bed," i mumble, barely coherent.

"you're wearing that little gift you bought yourself on the plane ride home. and i doubt you can hold yourself together that long. i hope you have a hoodie to tie around your waist. or at least black pants."

thankfully, i did.

once im dressed in my black sweatpants and a t-shirt, we gather our things and head to the airport.

we get on the plane in a timely manner, and once we're in the air, josh puts his hand on my knee.

"bathroom break?"

i know exactly what hes referring to, and i feel cheeks flush. i take the lube and the toy out of my carry on and shove them into my pocket as discreetly as possible.

after avoiding eye contact with everyone i pass, i make it to the bathroom and take a second to look in the mirror. my cheeks are still red, but what catches my attention most is the engagement ring on my finger. i smile and then take a breath. that's not what im here for.

i take the lube and the vibrator out of my pocket and set them on the edge of the sink. once my pants are down, i decide to stretch a bit before putting the plug in.

i lube up my fingers a bit and then bend over, bracing myself on the ceramic of the sink.

one of my fingers pushes inside and i keep my bottom lip between my teeth to prevent any noises from falling out.

i move my index finger around a bit and then add my middle finger, scissoring them a little. it feels nice, but nowhere near as nice as it does when josh touches me.

i take them out after a little while and then pour some lube onto the toy before i push it in.

i let myself adjust a bit and then pull my pants up, flush the toilet (even though it's empty), wash my hands, and leave the bathroom.

once i make it back to my seat, i lower myself to sit slowly. josh smiles and kisses my cheek, taking his phone out and turning the toy on a bit. its set low, but it already feels nice, and im glad i wore black.

josh picks a movie to watch, something neither of us have seen. i dont pay too much attention to it though. my focus is on the feeling in the pit of my stomach. the way it feels every time i shift just a bit.

just as im getting used to the feeling though, used to the barely there sensation, he takes his phone out and turns it up. high.

my hand goes immediately to his knee, gripping it so tightly that my knuckles turn white.

i decide to give up on restraining myself and i embrace the feeling of the buzzing inside me, my eyes closing and my breathing fast.

it stays like that for awhile, and just when i start to get close, josh turns the setting down.

"what the hell?" i punch his arm and let my breathing settle down.

"we've barely been on the plane for forty-five minutes. you've still got an hour and a half, babe."

"i hate you."

(an: this was longer but wattpad deleted it so)