26

tyler's point of view

"date time. im taking you somewhere nice."

im blushing as soon as i open my door and see josh standing in some of his nicest clothess. we walk down the the parking lot and i sit behind him on his bike as always. "are you sure im dressed up enough?"

i stood in the mirror for far too long, assessing each article of clothing i tried on. i feel stupid thinking about it now. im sure josh put his outfit together less than half an hour ago, and he still looks amazing. it just seems so effortless for him to not overthink something as simple as what color socks to wear (i picked black).

"sweetheart, you look gorgeous. you always do," he replies with a smile that i cant see, but one i can hear in his voice. "now, lets go."

he starts the engine and we're off. i watch as the city passes by and the streetlights slowly begin to flicker on as the sky grows dimmer.

we arrive at the restaurant, which is fancier than anywhere ive been before, and he helps me off of his motorcycle. i feel even more underdressed now, even though im not casual by any means.

he takes my helmet off for me, and kisses my cheek before we walk inside. i grip his hand tightly in mine as we pass through the doors into the cool interior of the building.

its a little unnerving seeing so many people look so fancy. there are expensive watches, diamond necklaces, and designer ties everywhere i look.

i got my button-down from kohls.

we are ushered to our booth right away, and drinks are in front of us within three minutes.

"so, whats the special occasion?" i nudge josh's foot with mine under the table, a small smile on my face. im trying not to show my nerves, but that fact that the waitress' earrings probably cost more than my entire ensemble makes me anxious. i feel out of place, like a little kid sitting at the grown-up table for the first time.

he smiles back at me, but he looks a little nervous. "well, i mean, i, um-"

i never thought josh could be as nervous as i am about anything, much less a date at some restaurant that he picked.

i reach out to take both of his hands in mine. "hey. take your time. its okay. its just me, yeah?"

he nods and takes a deep breath. "there's not really a special occasion. i just feel a little weird i guess. im not used to being somewhere so nice."

"do you want to just go back to my place? i bought more wine," i wink at him and he lets out a breathy laugh.

"i guess, yeah. im sorry, i tried."

"absolutely no reason to apologize, j."

when we go to leave, he helps me with my helmet. i hold tight to his torso as he drives, my hands fisting the fabric of his nice shirt.

after several glasses of wine, i cut myself off. josh didnt drink at all, which im thankful for. he still has to drive home.

the thought makes me frown a little.

"do you wanna stay over?" i look up at him and he raises an eyebrow.

"i don't have my stuff, babe. why don't you pack a bag and you can stay at mine?"

i nod and stand up, a little wobbly from the wine. ive always been a bit of a lightweight.

once i pack and we get to the parking lot, i sit behind him and let my head rest against him. he smells so nice tonight, and the soft fabric of his shirt makes it even better.

once we get to his place, i stumble a bit trying to get off the motorcycle and he takes my hands.

"careful, princess."

when we do eventually make it up to his apartment, we sit on the couch, and he puts on a movie.

his arm is wrapped around my shoulders and my head is leaned into the crook of his neck.

a particularly steamy scene comes on and i shift, looking up at josh. he looks down at me and raises his eyebrows.

"yes?"

"what?" i sit up completely and bring my legs up to sit cross-cross, facing him.

"you're staring at me, hun," he smiles, but im too tipsy to blush.

"only becubs, no, be-because youre so handsome," i giggle and take his hand in mine, playing with his fingers.

"you're more handsome," he engulfs my hand in his.

"no, 'm not," i hiccup and cover my mouth. "see?"

he laughs and i climb onto his lap. he brings his hands to my waist as if on instinct.

"i wanna... you know... do stuff," i tell him, the alcohol still flowing through my veins.

"tyler, you're drunk," he sighs and looks down as my fingers play with the buttons of his shirt. "we cant do anything while you're drunk."

"why nooot?" i pout at him and slide my hands back up to rest on his shoulders.

"you're drunk. you cant give me sober consent. i dont want to take advantage of you," he kisses my cheek briskly, "im sorry."

"but i waaaant it," i press a soft kiss onto his neck. "i want you."

"i-i cant take advantage of you like that tyler," he slowly moves me off of his lap. "why dont we go to sleep, yeah?"

"nooo," i flop down dramatically onto the couch and give up hopes on any sexual activity.

"please?"

"only if you carry me," i hold my arms up and he chuckles a little, standing up to pick me up into his arms.

he holds me tightly and carries me to his bedroom and then lays me down gently. "i love you."

"yeah, yeah. love you, too," i turn over to lay on my stomach, gasping a little at the friction that occurs when i do so.

"you okay?" josh is standing still, changing into a pair of sweatpants and unbuttoning his shirt.

i watch from where i lay, feeling my blood rush south. "i, um," i move a little more and close my eyes at the feeling. "'m really turned on," i blurt out my answer, too focused on his skin and the taste of wine lingering on my tongue to be embareassed.

"oh?" he finally finishes unbuttoning his shirt and lays down next to me. he kisses my cheek and then offers me a small smile, "maybe i can do something about that tomorrow, yeah?"

i whine but nod, trying to will myself back to a... less aroused state.

it takes awhile, but i manage to calm down and eventually fall asleep next to him in bed.

(an: i love my job bc i can be writing/editing shit like this basically whenever i want)