Chapter 33

1095 words

We run into the police station looking to prove Fp's innocence. We go up to the receptionist together, "excuse me sir, we need to see sheriff Keller." Archie says, "there's been a huge mistake." Betty adds. All the sudden we see the sheriff and run over to him. "Sheriff, we need to talk to you about Fp Jones." Veronica says.

"What about him?" Keller asks, "he's innocent." "He's being framed."

"Then why did he just confess?" Sheriff Keller says. "What?" I whisper under my breath. Then, as if I'm slow motion, we all see Fp walk by in hand cuffs. And I see the last part of Jughead's hope melt away.

********

We're driving back to the apartment in silence. I don't know what to say....or how to say it. I pull over on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere and sigh. "Jughead I...." I hesitate trying to think of what to say. "I'm sorry. I really thought that we could fix it. That I could fix it. I want, more than anything, for all your pain to be gone. I just don't know how to help." I say.

"This time Y/n...I don't think you can." Jughead says and I purse my lips, thinking. "There has to be something I can do." I say grabbing his hand. We both turn and look at each other.

We stare into each other's eyes for a couple seconds before I unbuckle my seatbelt and pounce onto Jughead straddling him. Our lips come together. We both finally feel relief.

As if nothing else mattered.

********

I flop back into my seat panting. "Jug can you zip up my dress please." I say putting my back to him and he takes the zipper in his hand, slowly zipping it all the way up. He pulls up his pants and puts his shirt back on as I start driving again.

We pull into the apartment parking lot and quietly creep up to the apartment, not to wake anyone else who lives there.

I open my door and throw my stuff on the couch, walking to the bedroom to get changed.

I put on some sweats, brush out my hair, and take my makeup off. I looked like a total wreck. I come back out to see Jug, already asleep, still in his tux. I smile and cover him with a blanket, kissing his forehead. "Goodnight Juggie." I say as I walk into my room. Hotdog follows me and hops into bed with me.

********

Beep beep beep beep

"Ugh." I say rolling over and stopping my alarm. I lay in bed looking at the ceiling desperately trying to grasp what had gone on the night before. With a sigh I get up, grab some clothes and head to the bathroom to get ready.

The look:

I try to look as amazing as possible to hide the obvious tiredness

I try to look as amazing as possible to hide the obvious tiredness. I walk out into the living room and shake Jughead awake. He sits up and groans, "Love, are you gonna go to school?" I ask and he shakes his head no while rubbing his eyes.

"Well do you want me to stay home with you? I will..." I ask, "No you should uh...you should go to school I will probably have to go give a bunch of interviews and statements today anyway." He says. I nod my head and walk into the kitchen, making some cereal and coffee for Jughead.

I come back out into the living room handing him the cup of coffee and the bowl of cereal. He takes them smiling. I walk over to one of the lamps, pulling the string gently, turning it on.

I sit down next to him and rub his back for a second. He turns to me and leans in, connecting our lips. "You look amazing Y/n. As always." He whispers as he pulls away. "Thanks Jug." I say smiling.

"You should get to school." He says, "are you sure you want me to go..?" I ask, "Yeah you should." He says. "Okay fine." I say. I kiss him quick and walk away, picking up my phone and my backpack, and giving hotdog some food before leaving the apartment.

I get in my car and drive not to school, but to the whyte wyrm. I walk in and it's packed as always, I'm a little scared because I don't know a lot of people. I mean...Fp's gone and all of the younger serpents are in school.

I walk up to the bar and knock on it to get the bartenders attention. He looks up at me grimly. "What?" He growls. "Is there a Uh...serpent...prince? Someone who is taking over for right now that I can talk to?" I ask, "what for?" He asks. I clear my throat and raise my eyebrow.

"Alright listen. I'm Y/n. Y/n L/n. I was talking to Fp about joining the serpents. Right now I have hotdog so I'm already in...this. Anyways, I need to know what the next step is so I can continue the process." I say sternly. "Go talk to him. That's Tallboy. He'll help you." He says pointing to someone across the bar.

He had long hair and wrinkles. I nod at the bartender and walk over to him. "Tallboy?" I ask and he turns around. "Yeah. And who are you princess" He says sarcastically. I roll my eyes. "I'm Y/n. Fp has been helping me with the initiation process but obviously he can't so now I'm here." I say.

"Oh yeah. Fp said you'd be round'" he says. And I turn my head to the side. "Alright so what's next." I ask. "The six laws." He says. "And what exactly is that." I ask and he rolls his eyes. He takes a pen and a crumpled up piece of paper out of his pocket. He sloppily writes down six things and hands it to me.

1.) A serpent never shows cowardice/ No serpent stands alone.
2.) If a serpent is killed or imprisoned their family is taken care of
3.) (okay sooooo hi ...the 3rd law is actually unknown like...no one knows it so let's pretend it's here thanks)
4.) No serpent is left for dead
5.) A serpent never betrays its own
6.) in unity, there is strength

"Learn them. Live by them. Be back tomorrow night with Hotdog and you will recite these." He says. "Yes sir." I say and scurry our of the bar.