Chapter 25

2902 words

I got home from the bar and changed into sweatpants and a tee shirt. I brushed my hair and my teeth, I look at myself in the mirror and just stare for a while. Not in a conceded way just...taking in everything I see.

My tired eyes and rosy cheeks that somehow through the makeup were still visible. I open a cupboard in my bathroom and take out a washcloth, taking all my leftover makeup off. I slowly make my way into my living room and plop on the couch letting out a sigh. All the sudden my phone goes off. It's a text from Veronica.

Hey! You can still come to the baby shower if you want, it starts in like an hour. I know you and Polly used to be good friends. I get that you and Betty have...issues but you really should put them aside for Polly.

She was right. Polly was always like a big sister to me. When me and Betty were young I was constantly at her house and Polly and I became surprisingly close over the years. I can't keep acting like a bitch just because Betty stole my boyfriend.

I will be there. You're right this is Polly's night. I just might be a little late

Fantastic! I will tell her your coming!!

I rush to my bedroom quickly picking out an outfit. Then I run to the bathroom to get ready.

Baby shower look:

When I had finished getting ready I picked up a present that I already knew I would be giving Polly

Gift:

I would of course be giving this to Polly because it used to be hers

I would of course be giving this to Polly because it used to be hers. When we were young I used to have night terrors, once in the middle of one when I was sleeping at the coopers house, Polly found me. She wrapped me in this blanket and hugged me until I woke up. Of course I was only a year younger than her but she had always...how do I say this....taken care of me and Betty. After I woke up she had told me that I could keep the blanket so that she would always be with me.

I put it a gift bag and grabbed my phone, running out the door. I quickly got in the truck and drove to Veronica's house, which luckily wasn't that far away. I walked in quietly not to disturb the people that were already there but despite the fact that I thought I was going to be late I actually got here on time. "Y/n! You're here!" Polly says as she runs over to me wrapping her arms around me.