Chapter 21

2688 words

I'm not surprised about seeing Jones kissing Betty, I knew he was lying when he said he loved me but it still hurts so much. Seeing them in each other's arms. I get to Kevin's house and push open the door and Kevin is sitting on the couch on his phone. "Has anyone found Polly?" I ask, still completely drenched in water.

"Apparently not..." he says, I nod and take off my shoes before trudging up the stairs. I walk into our bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I look myself in the mirror as I take my wet clothes off, my face completely expressionless.

When I'm ready I start the shower and get in. I stand in the water and lean against the wall, tears streaming down my face. Jughead Jones was and is the love of my life but he has been taken by her.

I always try to be nice to Betty because I know that she probably felt the same exact way about me when I was with him. It's just so hard sometimes.

********

"Y/n wake up, we have to get to school" Kevin says shaking me, "oh no, not today. Not for me." I say sighing and rolling over. "What?" He asks, "I have to go look at apartments today." I say, "ok then, we'll it's 7:30 just so you know." He says, "k thanks" I say, still have asleep as he leaves the room. I groan and stand up, stretching. I sleepily walk to the bathroom to get ready.

Outfit and hair:

I put on foundation, concealer, mascara and winged eyeliner before heading out to my Jeep

I put on foundation, concealer, mascara and winged eyeliner before heading out to my Jeep . I had 3 apartments to look at over the course of 4 hours. The first was about 30 minutes from Kevin's, the second was about 25 and the third was only down the road and about 5 minutes away from Kev's.

I was leaning towards the third one because of how close it was and how nice it looked in pictures.

It was a 1 bedroom, 1 bath with a connected living room and kitchen, nothing fancy but it was rather new still. And the best part was it was only $535 a month which was great considering it also had a free washer and dryer.

I decide to look at that one first because if I really like it there's no use of going to the other ones. I drive down the road until I make it to the apartment building. I park the car in the parking lot and walk into the building.

"Hi I'm y/n I'm here to look at the apartment." I say to the woman sitting behind the desk. The main room was painted a light beige with a couple black couches and a coffee table. "Oh hi! Yes right this way!" She says leading me into a elevator. "This is really a nice apartment and very safe as well." She says, "perfect." I say smiling. We get to the third floor where my apartment is.

There are two silver letters that read "18", we walk in and the apartment is completely clean. "Wow, it looks great in here" I say, the walls are a very bright white color, there is also a porch on the side of the living room. She takes me threw all of the rooms and they are all perfect. I especially loved the bathroom, it was so big and clean with black tiles on the ground.