Chapter 18

1344 words

I feel...nothing. After my 'intervention' where Archie and Ronnie just scolded me saying how getting high isn't the answer I grudgingly walked class to class, avoiding everyone I knew.

Especially Jughead.

I knew I had to work tonight after school which I'm hoping will distract me from everything. But honestly...my life's a fucking mess. I hate myself. I hate Jug. I hate Betty.

At this point the only thing keeping me alive was Kev, Ronnie, and Arch. I love them so much and they are all such good friends. I get to my last class and walk in, taking my usual seat next to Archie. "Hey, how are you? Feeling any better?" Archie says placing his hand on mine which was already on the desktop.

"Not really but...thanks for asking." I say. I bounce my knee less than usual because I didn't even have the energy. "Arch...have you ever just wanted to run. Far far away...?" I ask looking into his eyes "All the freaking time." He says slightly smiling at me. "Y/n promise me you will stay strong." He says, "I will try Archiekins." I say smiling as he pulls me into a hug before class begins.

********

Kevin had wrestling and then his dad was picking him up so I could go right to work. When I get there I take off my hoodie leaving my tight white t-shirt on. I tuck it into my sweatpants and put on my apron (so the exact photo of what y/n was wearing in the last chapter except with an apron) I cleaned tables and delivered milkshakes for the rest of the night.

*******

(Time skip to the next day after school srry I'm lazy lol)

"Y/n hurry up we have to get to the variety show early to set up!" Kevin yells from downstairs. With everything that has been going on things like hosting the variety show with my best friend means so much. "I'm still getting ready!!" I yell back.

Outfit:

Hair & makeup:

Hair & makeup:

I put the finishing touches on my highlighter before running down the stairs (almost tripping I might add

I put the finishing touches on my highlighter before running down the stairs (almost tripping I might add.) "Okay Kev! I'm ready to go!!" I yell when I get to the bottom of the stairs Kevin stands up taking my arm before we walk out the door, getting into my car.

"Alright let's kill this" I say as we drive off.

********

"Y/n I'm freaking out!" Kevin yells at me from down the hall. "Why, why?" I ask "Because, well first of all the variety show STARTS IN 10 MINUTES. And secondly because neither Betty or Jughead are here, I swear if he is already sleeping with her I will-" "Hey Kev, it's fine. We are gonna do great and I...can't worry about Jughead right now. Let's just focus on crushing this show." I say rubbing Kevin's arm.

"Okay?" I ask smiling, "Fine." He says. We walk into the side of the stage, out of sight by the audience. My heart beats out of my chest. "Y/n, Kevin...it's time." Mayor McCoy says tapping is on the shoulder before running off again, me and Kev look at each other.

"You ready?" I ask, "as ready as I ever will be" He says before we walk out onto the stage "Hello Riverdale high!" I yell as we stand center stage, "And welcome to the 75th annual variety show!" Kevin yells. Everyone claps, "I'm y/n" "And I'm Kevin. We will be hosting the show tonight!" He says earning more claps, whistles, and chants. "Now time for our first performance (idk what the first one was lol)" I say before walking off the stage with Kevin.

We continue to announce performances... "And now the Riverdale original band known for their fierce claws," I say "JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS" me and Kevin yell together.

Me and Kevin step off the stage as the curtain raises leaving the band on stage. They begin to sing "I feel love" and we stand by Archie, "Arch, you got this" I say putting my hand on his shoulder, "you'll do great" I continue, "Thanks y/n/n (your nickname)" he says smiling.

The pussycats finish and me and Kev walk up again, "That was Josie and The Pussycats! Long tails and ears for hats!" Kevin says, Kevin and I continue to babble, telling stupid jokes and stuff. "Here's Archieeeeee Andrewsssss" I say after a while.

He walks out as we are walking back stage yet again. I pat him on the back as he walks out and he smiles in response. I hear someone shout 'stick to football' from the audience which is irritating to say the least but then...he starts to play. And it's amazing, he sounds amazing. I walk back out into the hallway hoping to get some air.

I stand outside of the auditorium doors and put my head up against the wall and close my eyes, relaxing for a few short seconds. All the sudden I see Betty and Jughead burst in the doors. I scoff at them, like seriously? They run in ignoring me and running right over to sheriff Keller.

"Sheriff Keller!" Betty says as they run to him, "I got your text, what is it?" He says "look" Betty says as Jughead gets out his phone, showing Sheriff Keller. "It's Jason's jacket." Betty says, at those words I begin to listen closer, actually looking at them even though, to be honest, it hurts me to even see them. Let alone together. "Where did you get that?" Keller says,

"In the trunk of a car with a bunch of his other stuff. Jason was running away, with Polly" she says to him, "Where's the car?" He says, they all start to walk away when finally Jughead realizes me. "Y/n...you're  here.." He says, "Yup. I'm one of the hosts." I say annoyed.

"Oh yeah, I...can we talk later?" He asks, still slowly walking away, I just roll my eyes and walk back into the auditorium, I don't want to look at him, let alone "talk to him later". I hear the doors in the hall close signaling they had left. I walk around everyone quietly going through a door on the side that leads to the side of the stage where I need to be.

"Everything good?" Kevin asks, "Yeah, peachy."

I hear Archie finish his song and everyone (including me) starts to clap, "WHOOO ARCHIEE" I yell, blending in with everyone else yet somehow he can still here me, he looks at me smiling.

He bows, still with a cheesy grin on his face before walking back again. I give him a hug "you did amazing Arch!" I say into his chest. I pull away, "I couldn't have done it without you." He says making me smile before me and Kev go end the variety show.

********

Me and Kevin are driving home when Kevin gets a text, "looks like my dad won't be home until later..." Kevin says, "Yeah I figured, Betty and Jughead came and got him while I was out there, something about Jason." I say, "Oh ok...how did you do with seeing Jughead? Did he talk to you?" He asks, "He tried but I didn't really say anything back." I say.

"Hey you wanna stop at pops? Get a milkshake?" Kev asks, "You know what...I would love that. I have had a terrible week, maybe a (flavor of your choice) milkshake will make it all better." I say making a turn heading to pops.

********

"You know I think we did pretty amazing" Kevin says sipping his milkshake, "You think?" I ask, "Hell Yeah! We crushed it!" He says which makes me smile, "I love you Kev, you are an amazing best friend." I say, "I love you to BFF" He says "oh my gosh you're so cheesy" I say grinning taking a drink.

Which makes him laugh. Which makes me laugh harder. Which make him laugh harder. This is a vicious cycle.