Chapter 12

2411 words

Me and Jughead lay in the closet, in peace. *ding* I pick up my phone and see a text appear on the screen. I had deleted my moms contact but I still remembered her phone number, and that was it. The text said, "meet me at Sweetwater". "J-Jug I gotta go, I'll be back." I say to him my eyes not leaving the phone screen.

"Is everything okay?" He asks. "I hope." I say as I leave the closet. As I walk down the hall I text the number. "Why." I say. "Well you'll just have to see won't you" it texts back. I get in my truck and begin to drive down to Sweetwater River wondering what the hell was going on.

********

I pull into the parking lot next to Sweetwater River and begin to walk down the path. When I get down to the actual river I see a large shadow. Not the shadow of my mother. It was a large shadow and my mother was a rather small person. "Y/n" the voice said, a familiar voice, his voice. The shadow stepped into the light and sure enough it was him. "Not you" I say, "I told you not to come back here." I continue. "Oh please you knew that would never work. There's no strong man to protect you know is there." He says tormentingly.

"Don't bring him into this. Now where is she. Where is my mother." I say sternly. "Your poor, poor mother." He says. "WHERE IS SHE" I ask again but louder. "She's around." He says. "Donald I meant it." I mean it. "Oh well that is no way to address your father. Especially when you want to get something from me." He says. "I'm calling the police." I say as I begin to turn around to walk away.

All the sudden I feel arms stretch across my shoulders. I kick my leg back hitting him in the chin causing him to fall over. I turn around swiftly taking a knife out of my pocket.

I had begun to carry it after Donald had payed me a visit the first time. "WHERE IS MY MOTHER." I say my voice scratchy and my hands shaking. Then, he starts to laugh. "You're a maniac." I say. Kicking his head and knocking him out. I step over his limp body and continue to walk deeper until the woods. I see a boat floating in the middle of the river.

I automatically start to swim out to it, not knowing if my mother was in it or not. I grab onto the edge of the boat and drag in to shore. Afraid to look into it. When I get into the shore I look over the rim of the boat. A body bag lay in the middle of it. I unzip it right away, I knew I had to even if I didn't want to. I see hair, a forehead, eyes, a nose, STOP. This is mother. This is her lifeless body.

I cover my mouth and my eyes start to tear up. With my free hand I continue to unzip the bag as I get to her chest I see it. A gunshot wound. I begin to run back to where I left Donald. I see him, still on the ground. I reach into his pocket and find a gun. The gun that shot my mother. "N-no, no. No." I say dropping the gun on the floor. I take my phone out of my pocket and dial 9-1-1.

(On the phone)

"911 what is your emergency?"
"H-hi. It's y/n. There has been a murder."
"Where are you?"
"Sweetwater r-river"
"We are sending our police and our ambulances they will be there in about 15 minutes."
"Hurry please"

(End of conversation)

********

I lay by my mothers body stroking her pale face. All the sudden I see lights shining through the trees and men coming towards me. I stay still. Waiting for them to get to me. They take my mother and father away. Putting my father into a cop car, my mother into an ambulance. "Do you have any relationship to these people?" A policeman asks me.

"I am their-n-no I don't." I say rethinking my answer. "Well thank you for calling us in, because you don't have any more information you are free to go." He says. I run to my car and slam the door. "God...damnit." I say and lean against the wheel, my hands in front of face, I just ball. I put the keys in the car and slowly pull the gear shift into drive, and start to drive down the road. I speed down the road as fast as I can, I roll down the window and put my hand out of it.