Chapter 22

2327 words

"Jesus" I say as I wake up with a pounding headache, sitting up in my bed I  hit my alarm and put my hands on my head. I stand up and go to my bathroom taking the Advil out of the medicine cabinet and taking a couple. I walk to my closet and pick out an outfit then I go back to the bathroom and do my hair and makeup.

Ze lewk:

I grab my headphones, my charger, my phone, and my backpack as I rush out the door

(My cousin Brennan saw me writing and wanted his name in this! He's 5. Omg He is adorable 😂❤️)

I was hoping to get to school early so that I could write a little for the blue and gold before Jughead and Betty got there. Unfortunately Jughead had the same idea.

I walked in to see Jughead standing there. Right past him was Sheriff Keller and principal weatherbee looking at our "murder board"....oh no... "Y/n..?" Sheriff Keller says looking over at me. "H-Hey...what's...uh whats goin on?" I ask, "What's going on?" Jughead asks them repeating almost exactly what I said.

"I'm gonna need both of you to come down to the station." Sheriff says, "Tom..." I say, "I'm sorry kid" he says as he takes me and Jughead and pushes us down the hallway. We pass Archie and Betty in the hallway, while everyone's eyes are on us.

"Call my dad." Jughead says to them, "Of course" Betty says, "Y/n? What's going on?!" Archie asks, "I'm not sure Arch. I'm not sure." I say still being whisked down the hall and eventually out the door. Me and Jughead are squished up in the back of the cop car.

"This is unnecessary." I say as I get in the car. "It's out of my hands kid." He says, "don't kid me! It's completely in your hands! You are the Sheriff!!" I yell, "I'm sorry." He says. I scoff and Jughead grabs my hand.

I look up at him and see his sad eyes. "It's fine Jug. They have nothing on us." I say, "I know.." he says. We put our foreheads together and rest on each other. We are able to shut our eyes and enjoy each other's warmth for a while, forgetting Betty, disregarding the fact that we are in a cop car, leaving Riverdale completely...until we get to the station.

We are rushed into the interrogation room together because we refused to be split up. "Forensics came back on the car. Despite the fire, we were able to pull a pair of prints off the trunk. Yours" Sheriff Keller says pointing to Jughead, "and Betty's." He says, "of course I know that you, y/n," he continues now pointing at me

"Well you were at the variety show that night. This information was no surprise But what did surprise me was these," He says sliding two folders onto the table. Mine and Jughead's. "Both of your guy's prints are on file, and you both grew up on the south side. It says here that 6 years ago both of you spent some time in the Riverdale Juvenile Delinquent Center for attempting to burn down Riverdale Elementary School." He states