Special Chapter*

****
Mia
****

I don't want to admit it but I find comfort in Brett's arms. I feel protected around his embrace especially in my state of vulnerability. I screwed my eyes shut, feeling tired with all of my dramas. Can I just go back to my childhood days when my only problem was who was the person inside Barney's mascot?

A heavy sigh escaped my lips. I don't want to admit it but maybe Brett was right. I should stop my foolishness. Besides, I, pretty Mia, shouldn't beg for love. Love should beg for me.

Wiping my tears with his shirt, his chest vibrated with laughter. I looked up at him.

"What?"

"You're still a baby squirt." He sniggered, tucking the whips of hair away from my face. I scoffed, slapping his hand away, feeling offended for calling me the nickname he used to call me when we were little.

"You know what," I scowled, "screw you."

He smiled.

"You know what," He mimicked, pulling me closer against his chest again. My eyes narrowed with suspicion as he reached for my chin, titling it to the side. His green eyes, which I adore since we were little, bore with mine as if he could see right through my soul.

I haven't realized Brett had grown into a fine man. His bonny jaw gave an almost-perfect outline on his Adam's face and my eyes fixed on his lips, light-coral kissable lips. By the look on it, it seems softer than mine and I felt my throat run dry as I watched his lips parted and lick it.

"You're still my baby squirt." He cupped my face, tilted it to the side and leaned closer. My gaze moved from his eyes to his lips. I couldn't explain what I am feeling. I feel excited yet uneasy and edgy and at the same time I felt as if something jammed my stomach. Gosh. How could this hormonal man do this to me?!

His lips were nigh on mine when I pushed him lightly on the chest.

I stepped aback. "I... uh...I..." I stammered. I skipped to the fridge and fetched out a glass of water. I suddenly felt nervous in front of Brett. We almost kissed. Damn. We almost kissed!! oh gosh!!! Oh freaking goody Barney!! I couldn't imagine. I am mentally panicking right now. I don't know what to do.

I heard him cleared his throat.
"Stop crying, baby Mia. You've got snoots in your nose." He said, a teasing smile turned up his face.

I rolled my eyes and turned my back. How could he act so normal after what happened?! I sighed. He was just fooling around. This boor never failed to make my life a little difficult. "Stop calling me baby. I'm not your baby."

He slung his arm around my shoulder and squeezed me lightly. "Oh yes you are my baby. My baby Mia," His voice was sickeningly sweet. "And I'll be willing, more than honored, to be your sugar daddy!" He laughed.

My lips etched with a smile.