Chapter 30 - Moving On

"Can you serve me some ice? Thanks."

"And grab me a pack of chips too."

I groaned. I grumbly stood up from the couch and trudged my way in the kitchen. This prick has been enjoying commanding me ever since he barged in front of my doorstep. Without notice, he decided to show up late afternoon weekend to have –as what he said, a bestie time, with me. I laughed dryly. He surely has a strange way of coping with his best bud. I went back to my room and found him prone on my bed, typing furiously on his screen.

I scoffed. I hoisted the pillow strewn on the floor and hurls it at him. He glared at me, totally pissed off. "What else do you like, my lord?" I asked, my voice mockingly sweet.

Seeming that he want to push me more on my edge, he flipped himself on my full view and grinned. He proffered the empty bowl of popcorn in front of me and wiggled his brows. I want nothing but to pull his soft brown locks and kick him out of my house this instant.

"Get me some popcorn and add lots of cheese as well." Brett demanded. "Oh, and a glass of lemon juice too."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Anything else?"

"Get my phone charger in my bag. I left it down the living room."

Didn't he get the sarcasm lacing my tone? I puffed a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. Inhale. Exhale. There's no need to twist my pants on this one.  Rolling my eyes, I grabbed the bowl and the empty glass from him, simultaneously snatching his phone on the other hand.

"Who are you chatting with?" I asked, curious.

"Hey! Give it back."

I spun around and raised my hand as high as I could so he couldn't reach it. I tried to unlock the screen but to no avail. I heard him tsk-tsked and shook his head disapprovingly. He stood up and since he was taller than me, he snatched back the phone without difficulty and flopped back on my bed.

"How could those two boys like a slow-witted girl as you?" Brett snorted.

"I hate you."

He laughed. "I love you too." He patted the space next to him, motioning me to sit.

"You're extra annoying and chirpy today. What's with you?" I probed, looking furtively at his screen. A knowing smile escaped my lips when I see Mia's candid picture as his home screen.

Sappy lover boy.

"I have a date for the school festival." He giggled like a girl and shook my shoulder as if we're girl besties.

My face lit up, getting excited for him. I know Mia and him will get along in no time. Good thing this boy finally cracks his shell and confess his adoration to Mia. "Really? She agreed to come with you?" I exclaimed. "Tell me more!"

He fed me little details about his date, however, due to my constant nagging he eventually gave in. But to my utter surprise, I didn't hear the name I was expecting to to hear.

"Hartii?! Why did you ask her to come with you in the school's festival?!" I asked incredulously. She is one of Victoria's cronies and if Mia see them together, she'll go ballistic!

"Calm down, Anna. She's decent and... warm." Brett defended.

"Don't tell me to calm down." I shushed him with my hand, pacing in my room feeling vex. "Oh ghaaad, what about Mia?"

As if the name was Voldemort, his shoulders became rigid and his face morphed with spite.

"We are not talking about her." he replied sharply.

"Yes. We are talking about her. Are you giving up on her?"

"I am not giving up on her. I just decided to stop and move on."

I laughed sarcastically. "Move on? How can you move on when you didn't even tell her what you feel?! How can you move on to a love that haven't started yet?"

"It started long ago. Only it is unrequited. I decided to move on to a person I stood no chance. I don't want to be a stuck up guy forever."

My eyes softened for him. Poor Brett. I know he really likes Mia and seeing him crestfallen makes me feel upset too. I patted his back, hoping to soothe his feeling.

"You will forever be a stuck up for the decision you never make. You will forever regret the plans you never take. You are only given one chance to dive, Brett. Dive deeper and fall deeper. In that way, you will know what is really worth it." I claimed. "Before you move on, please tell her first what you feel. And if she rejects you, then it is time to free yourself."

"Thanks, didn't imagine your tiny brain can process that shit." He mumbled. "To be fair, you sucks too.  You can't even choose between Ashton and Easton. You can't t let the other guy hang on with tiny hopes forever."

Oh shoot.

I sucked a deep breath, considering my situation. How can I tell Brett about my situation with the two brothers without me being obvious?

"Listen," I reared to his side so I could face him completely. "What advice can you give to this friend of my friend who is, well, confused. Let's just say that there are two boys who like this friend of my friend. The first guy, let's name him Fire, provides my friend's friend freedom and happiness. Fire was able to give m— my friend's friend experiences she never been experience. Fire sees my friend's friend of who she is, without her comparing to anyone-- to her past, which she is so grateful about.  On the other hand,"

Brett rolled his eyes. "Fire? you mean Ashton?"

I hushed him. "This is not me, this is my friend's friend story. So I was saying, the second guy, his name is Sun . He was extra cordial with her. He was able to make my friend's friend comfortable... and secure. Whenever they are together, he never failed to make her feel important and worthy." I sighed. "They are both important to her but she doesn't want to hurt any of them."

Brett flicked my forehead and I pouted. He smiled at me meekly, patting my head like a kid. "That friend of your friend is the lamest person to name two men with Fire and Sun." He chuckled. "That friend of your friend must decide on her own of who to choose between the two brothers. If she can't, then that friend of your friend is the one who needs moving on."

Brett got into his feet and left the room, but before closing the door he casted me a side glance and said, "Your situation is not far from mine, Anna."

His last words struck through my head for a minute.

"Look at their intentions. Their actions will help you decide who to choose."