Chapter 18 - The Intruder

Wherever I turn around, I caught everyone looking at me. Their scrutinizing stares boring holes behind my back.

So much to believe that the crowd didn't seem convinced. I thought.

Contrary to what Ashton said, and based on how they look at me, I am confident that the students of Costados believe the nonsense show that the ex-golden couple pulled early this morning. Some students who never talk or even look at me before trying to strike up a conversation with me. Which I find both exhilarating and strange.

I blend in to the jostling crowd, which is quite a difficult task because wherever place I go, the big toy draws too much attention. When I decided to give it back, Ashton insisted that I should bring it with me. I cannot leave it to the locker because it's too big for its own good.

When I arrived at the cafeteria's entrance, my eyes ware directed to the fiery-orange head girl

When I arrived at the cafeteria's entrance, my eyes ware directed to the fiery-orange head girl. Mia does not appear to be her usual cheerful self. Her usual smile pulled into a frown on her lips. She appears to be completely dejected.

I walked in their direction when suddenly a tall figure stood in my way. When I looked up, I was greeted by a pair of dark brown eyes.

"Hey," Phillip said.

"Hi..." My brows lifted as I moved forward. Phillip would take steps forward, and if I sidestepped, he would also sidestep, preventing me from passing through. He scratched the back of his head and bit his lip. "Um, could you accompany me to the SC office? I have some stuff to run for the school festival."

"But the festival isn't until next month..."

"Please?" He pleaded, I sigh in surrender.

"Is Mia okay?" I asked, looking back behind us.

"She... She will be all right." he said, "I guess."

Phillip led the way to the SC office, which was located on the west side of the school. Mia's face flashed before my eyes. I wonder what makes her feeling so down. Is she upset with me because of what she witnessed this morning? What if she never speaks to me again? Is this FO for the both if us? I shook my head vehemently. Mia isn't that shallow. But what if? Phillip nudged my shoulder, pulling me out of my trance.

"Nice bear," Phillip started, motioning to the toy that was bigger than my arms. I adjust it on my arms.

"Phillip?" I asked softly. "I have something to tell you." He glanced at me, motioning me to continue.

"I know you heard the news early this morning, and I apologize for not telling you."