Chapter 23 - Date With Leonardo P.2

I leaned over the open window; the misty drizzle moistening my face. I let the blustery wind twiddle my hair in different directions. I puffed a shaky breath and poked my palm out, letting the wind slapped my fingers in a caressing high five as the greenery trees blurred behind us.

"You okay?" I heard Ashton asked from the driver's seat. I looked at him over my shoulder and smiled, nodded.

The 'Family Day' Ashton talks about failed since we have to  leave Scooty in the Pet Care Center because of the rule some establishments implement that no pets allowed. Leaving just the two of us. To say, I'm a little bit nervous. Why? I, myself, don't know. Or maybe I do but refuse to acknowledge it. The fact that Ashton and I head out on a date filled my system with so much unknown emotions I couldn't put my fingers what.

Ashton turned on the radio and the song 'Night Changes' of One D. reverberated around the confined area. He begins to hum and drum his fingers against the wheel. I leaned back and raptly watch him.

*Play the media above:)*

Even just in soft hums I could decipher the melodic tone on his drone. And without him knowing he was singing along and he sings so well! His smooth voice sends me goosebumps and an irrepressible shiver run down my spine. I watched him in awe and my heart fluttered when he send me a boyish grin.

"Fall for me now, moo?"

I blinked and then laughed. "In your wildest dreams."

"There's you and me." He continued and winked at me. I shoved him playfully on the shoulder as he made a turn at the street.

"Tch. You don't have to hide your thrilled emotions by hurting me. Just admit it. I would be happy to hear it."

We reached the city and Ashton brought me first to the Cinema. I let him chose the movie and a frisky grin smeared his face as he picked a horror movie.

The cold atmosphere circulates around the theater dropped two times as the movie getting more suspense and heart jumping. I clenched the hem of my jacket in anticipation as the serial hunts the lead character. From the corner of my eye, I noticed Ashton constantly shift on his seat.

When we were in the middle of the movie, Ashton kept glancing in my direction, checking if I look terrified.

"You can hold my hand if you are scared, moo." He offered next to me. "You don't have to be shy."

I smirked mentally. I sort of enjoy it actually. "I'm okay."

"No really. I don't mind."

I averted my gaze from the big screen and look at him. I narrowed my eyes infinitesimally as his gaze swiftly moved to the couple in front of us cuddling with fright then back to me.

So this is all about. Choosing a horror film and me being scared and seek haven to him so we could have a not so intimate moment with each other? I smiled mentally. What a nice and slick move coming from Ashton. Too bad I love horror movies.

Not want him to go home disappointed, I reached for his cold hand and laced his fingers with mine. I flashed him a smile and from the small light coming from the big screen I saw him smiled back.

After the movie we wandered in the bazaar hand in hand. A smile never fades on my face the entire time as Ashton kept on trying objects from the shops and made funny faces. One time he took the curly blue wig from the mannequin's head and set it on his head, and he then grabbed a thick brim eyeglasses.

"Aw. You look fab." I cooed and took a picture of him. He abruptly stole my phone from my grip.

"Fabulously handsome is too much, moo, but thanks." Ashton smirked. I rolled my eyes at his cockiness and took my phone from his hand and tucked it in my pocket. I grabbed the boy cut wig from the mannequin's head and pushed a sunglass on, imitating his action. "How do I look?" I asked.