Chapter 19 - You Look Like My Future Husband

I gaped at him. I can't believe what I am seeing. Ashton cracked a smile! He actually smiled! Well, I shouldn't make a big deal out of it, but this is my first time seeing Ashton smile, and I must say that the dimples on his cheeks make him look more adorable.

Perhaps because of that killer dimples of his it make girls gone crazy. As I stared at his features for a long time, I felt a flash of recognition deep within me, telling me that I'd known him before—a long time ago. Something is telling me that he's Lucia's best friend, the rude boy with the dimple from eleven years ago.

Then it dawn on me. He looks like the brat boy who pushed me off the swing at Aunt Julie's party when I was 6! I ran to my mother, tears streaming down my cheeks, my white dress smudged with dirt. The boy wasn't given a proper sanction for ruining my dress because it was later discovered that the boy's mother was my mother's best friend and also he was Lucia's friend.

But as I look deeper into Ashton's eyes it has filled no emotions while that kid has joyful glints in his.

"You— you—" I floundered.

Ashton's grip around my waist tightened. The boys wolf whistled. "Get a room, man!"

Ashton gave me a sly grin. I pushed him away, realizing our awkward position. He stumbled a few steps before regaining his footing, a frown etched on his lips.

Oh come on! Stop acting like you don't like it. Admit it, you like being press against that hard chest of his and he smells good! My mind screams in complain.

"Stop playing with me." I said, sounding annoyed. 

"I'm not playing with you, moo." He said and I died right there. Goodness! Why am I feeling thrilled about him calling me moo? My one and only. I'm not used of this side of Ashton really. He's so cheesy for my own good.

"Stop calling me that."

"You don't like it?"

"No!" I pursed my lips. Well, that came out so quickly. I saw Ashton trying to contain his smile but failed miserably.

"No, I mean the endearment is sort of awkward for me." I try to explain. "Why not call me bes? Besh? Best? Friend? Bff? Part? Dude? Buddy? Bordz? Why have to call me moo?" I said breathless.

"Because you're my one and only girlfriend." He said.

The guys burst into laughter. "Nice one Ash!" Noah chortled, throwing the cushion pillow at Ashton which he dodged briskly.

"I know where's this going to end. Kids, don't forget to use protection okay?" Nate warned in fatherly like tone but a traitor laugh escapes his lips. "Just don't destroy the cottage when we left."

I raised my brow at them. "It's not what you think it is. I'm just Ashton's friend. A girl friend." I try to enlighten them because they're leading it in a wrong way.

"Burn!" Jeffty yelled in Ashton's face, a mischievous grin on his lips. "It's an indirect friend zone, mate." He added.

"We'll leave you two here for now and go get some lunch," Jeffty announced. He winked at me and motioned to Ashton, "Be careful with him." Ashton tries to protest, but he has already reached for the doorknob, dragging the twins along with him. "Remember what we said," the twins said as they patted Ashton on the back and pushed the door shut, leaving just the two of us.

Ashton shook his head and said, "Don't mind them."

He sat down, took out his gig bag from the floor, and turned on the TV. I looked around me. This place is quite large for a cottage. There's a small fridge on the side, a small dining table with four chairs, two rooms—one of which must be the comfort room—and a small console with a few ornaments and pictures near the window. There are also random shirts here and there, as well as footballs, soccer balls, and basketballs. The idea of the twins manipulating strings in order to have treats like this place screams that this group of people is indeed influential. It's no surprise that they are at the top of the school's popularity hierarchy.