“I’m here, Angel.” Godric said moving forward. “Who’d you get in a fight with?”

            “Michael.” She said quietly.

            “Michael; as in the Michael?” He demanded a little too loud. Ara winced and nodded then cringed again.

            “Oh, ow! Don’t make… me move… Or talk… Or breathe… Everything hurts on me. I feel…” She looked vaguely confused and her complexion looked worse.

            “I know. Believe me I know and no words truly describe it.” He said. Scott was disgusted.

            “You should rest again.” He murmured. Godric and Ara both looked at him. “If who you’re talking about is who I think it is, you need rest so you can heal.” He defended.

            “Answer one more question first.” Godric said turning to Ara. She continued to stare at him for a few more minutes then turned to Godric. “Why did he do it? Did he say? Did you provoke him?”

            Livvy looked outraged but kept silent. Ara looked over at Scott again and then back to her brother-like figure. “He was… pissed off… because… of what Scott… knew. He didn’t… like our secrets… getting out. Then he said… something about… why I’m in this… business… still. And he… wants Scott… to move in with… me.” She said and her eyes closed. A few minutes later her soft snores were filling the room.

            “He wants me to move in with her?” Scott suddenly rounded on Godric.

            “Are we all gonna move in here?” Alex asked.

            “I can go home and pack some of the essentials for now. We’ll go back later and pack everything else.” Livvy said.

            “I can do it.” Godric offered. “And I’ll just get everything now.”

            “Wait!” Scott said loudly. “Stop making plans!”

            “Why?” All three voices rang out at once.

            “Because… Because… We’re just supposed to pack up and move because some stranger says so? I don’t think that’s how the real world works!”

            “Unfortunately, it is. And everyone wishes it weren’t but strangers control everything you do. Some person somewhere makes all the decisions about your life without any feeling or second thoughts. Your world is a sick and cruel one. But it’s the world we have. So get used to it.” Godric said with the wisdom of a man who’s been around for thousands of years. He also spoke as if he’d had experienced this first hand. “Packing up and moving in here doesn’t sound ideal right now. But if you do it, you are safer. Your sisters are safer. Ara is safer. Because we are doing what they want and that makes them happy.”

            Scott wondered how he’d gotten sucked into this psychotic world where nothing made sense. He closed his eyes and prayed for guidance and patients. “Fine. Godric and you girls, go. Only pack what you need.”

            He watched them walk out and then groaned loudly. He stood up and stalked into the back of the apartment. Back where the bedrooms are. There were only two. How were four people supposed to stay in a house with only two bedrooms? Ara could, of course, stay in the living room. And he guessed Livvy and Alex could share the master bedroom. So Scott could have the second bedroom.

            “Scott…?” Ara called weakly from the living room.

            He walked back over to the bed to find her in a semi-conscious state. “Hey, why aren’t you asleep?” He asked.