thirty one

(quick a/n: GUESS WHOS BACK AND WITH MOTIVATION TO WRITE HELLO

i am literally just now getting back into my harry potter phase because, to be honest with you i haven't been big into hp for over a year now and it SHOWS, IM SO SORRY. and i feel like things were rushed into. but i'm going to use this to my advantage and try to make this story better, i'm sorry for the shitty writing oop)

——-

one month later

"I have two more outfits to go," Harry rubbed his hands together in front of a vent in Draco's car. It was the beginning of January and Gucci had asked Harry to do an outdoor shoot.

He internally groaned as he saw Diggory approaching out of the corner of his eye. This only meant his precious break was over and it was time to face the frigid air again. Harry loved his job, but not when it called for him and everyone involved to get frostbite.

"You're doing amazing sweetie," Draco jokingly drawled, to which Harry giggled and hit him on the shoulder before getting out of the car.

Draco was still laughing at his own lame reference when Diggory knocked on his window. Rolling it down, the charming young man greeted him with a smile.

"Evening, Malfoy,"

"Hey, Diggory." Well-groomed blond hair remained in place as nodded in reply.

"Mind if I talk to you about something?"

Draco absentmindedly gestured for him to get in. This wasn't the first time he had wanted to have a conversation; they had had plenty of discussions about how well Harry had been doing.

Cedric relaxed into the warmth before beginning.

"So, Harry's mentioned that you two have struck up a romantic relationship?"

Pale eyebrows rose in response. "Well, yeah we have."

"I see. Now I've been hesitant to bring this up, but lately, Harry has been running late to his shoots—"

Draco made a move to interrupt, but his continued speech silenced him.

"I'm not saying this is your fault, Malfoy, however it began not long after you two supposedly got together." Cedric broke eye contact as he glanced over at his most prized model, who was now donning an embroidered piece from Gucci's 2019 winter collection.

An icy gaze followed pursuit, which softened at the sight of his boyfriend.

Boyfriend.

The term was new on his tongue. Although it felt right, and he didn't regret it one bit, Draco couldn't help but wonder if he had rushed into things with Harry. It had been almost a month since he sat on the Potters' couch. He could remember all of it quite clearly. The most embarrassingly vivid memory was of himself, a floundering pink mess stumbling over his words. Words that unexpectedly led him straight into a relationship with the boy.

He had never felt such a strong bond with anyone, but they were both young and inexperienced.

Yet he still wouldn't trade what they had for anything in the world.

The pair took things slowly, nothing too serious yet. He felt a bit vulnerable going into the relationship headfirst. But still, Draco knew it would smooth out and they'd find a rhythm that worked for them soon enough; as all blossoming relationships do.

Snapping out of his short reverie, he turned to the ever-graceful man beside him with a clenched jaw.

"With all due respect Diggory, our business is none of yours."

"And that may be the case, but when it comes to his job performance—"

"He has been fifteen minutes late at the most. Give him a break, this is new to him." He was quick to snap back.

"I don't think you want to forget who you're talking to, Malfoy." Despite the slight raise of his voice, the man's composure remained calm. This only irritated Draco further.

With a harsh laugh he spat, "No, you don't forget who you're talking to. You do remember how you got here, don't you?"

"Oh, very much so,"

"Then I advise you to shut the hell up."

Cedric looked him over once more, evidently deciding on something. "Whatever you say. He better not be late again." And with that he got out and slammed the door behind him, adjusting his pea coat as he sauntered away.

"Bellend," the angry boy whispered as he waited not-so-patiently for the shoot to wrap.

So many new environments, situations, and people had been thrown at him in the past few months, it was understandable that at least one of them would be negative.

Sleep still avoided Draco most nights, and the bags under his eyes did not go unnoticed by the person who cared for him most. As a distraction from what had just occurred, he kicked back in his seat and attempted to nap. He didn't want to worry his boy.