fourteen

"Draco, listen to me when I'm talking to you."

The young blond sighed heavily as he paused his music. He looked up and met his father's gaze in the mirror.

"I said, we're stopping to eat in Surrey."

Draco absentmindedly hummed a response and pressed play on his music again.

They were currently en route to London to "recharge" and "relax" for a day as Lucius liked to put it.

It really meant his father was going to try to use his charm and everything in his power to move the Malfoys even further up on the pyramid, given they ran into someone higher than them.

The amount of attention his father needed seemingly to survive disgusted Draco.

Lucius pulled their Tesla into the parking lot of some fancy Italian restaurant. After some debate between the staff and Lucius that "the Malfoys do not wait!", they were seated in the front—waiting for a table, much to Lucius's dismay.

Draco picked up a high-end fashion magazine from the table beside him at random and flicked through it.

The turning of pages came to a halt when he came face to face with a very familiar photo in an ad. It was, in fact, the same picture Harry Potter had sent him only a few days prior.

He paused to think for a few moments.

"Mum,"

"Yes, Draco?"

"I need you to do something for me."