Woodrow beamed and lunged over the back of the couch in a single bound, stalking over. She giggled when his hands smoothly came around her back, his face leaning down and pulling her into a kiss. Horst gagged and rolled his eyes, but I simply smirked and clapped for them.

"Behave, Big Boy," Tiffany giggled into his neck when he nibbled her ear; those dark eyes found mine and she beamed, pearly whites flashing in the dimness. "So, Aerin... the meeting is on hold for a few minutes since one of the Derkshires lost their temper and wolfed out. Bash wanted me to ask you if you're open to the idea of bringing Jak and Horst to Moonies."

I did a double take before answering, "yeah, sure, but why?"

She cast a glance at Horst's confused expression before looking back at me. "He wants to help you help them. Woody and I will be coming too, of course, but it'll just be us and Bash."

"Okay," I sighed, shrugging. "I guess a few rounds of Soul Calibur couldn't hurt."

"Oh, and... uh... Cassidy is also coming."

I looked at her curiously. Even Woody looked at her, baffled. 

"She is? Why?" 

Cassidy was a difficult person for me to be around. She wasn't hostile towards me anymore, but we didn't interact much and it was hard for me to be around her. I wrinkled my nose just thinking about it. I was making progress, but I didn't think it was the right time to hang out.

Not after what she'd done, forgiven or not.

"She plays online games," Tiffany told me. "Can you believe it?"

"Cassidy... games? What?"

"Fighting games," she said. "She expressed that she wants to come so she can start making amends, the way Richard did. Diana agreed with her choice, but they're leaving it up to you."

"Jesus," I groaned, not wanting to be put under the bus. "Why ask me?"

"Because you're awesome," Tiffany giggled, and Woody smirked before kissing her cheek and padding back over to the couch; she didn't follow, merely cocked her hip and tossed her platinum blonde hair. "You're winning everyone over. They want to value your opinion." 

Oh. Well, progress, I guess.

I couldn't say no to an attempt at making progress, could I?

I sighed, flopping back in irritation as I groaned, "fine, she can come."

"Great!" a new voice, one I recognized as Kyle's, exclaimed; he trotted down the stairs and poked his head into the massive basement, waving at me. "I knew you'd say yes. Although, if you play any fighting games with her, be prepared to lose. She refers to herself as the queen of combat and spends a lot of time playing at Moonies. She's even beaten Leo a few times at Soul Calibur."

"Seriously?" I asked, recalling with a vivid flash that he was a nightmare in gaming combat. 

"Yep," Tiffany agreed, then turned and poked the grinning redhead right in his freckled nose; his eyes crossed as he looked at her long, suntanned finger. "But you, Mister, shouldn't be eavesdropping on a private conversation."

"Kind of hard not to when you have supernatural senses, Tiff," he drawled, shrugging; he glanced at Woody and waved, deep amber eyes lighting up. "Hey, Woodrow!" 

The older redhead smiled and waved from his spot on the couch.

"She also plays the game that you and Bash do," Tiffany added, and I paused. "What was it called? Ankles Crossi--"

"Atlas Chronicles," I interrupted, and then I let out a groan. "Please tell me she plays some big hairy goblin."

"Nope," Kyle chuckled, "I've seen her play it before. Ethereal archer elf with a giant red dragon."