Chapter 4

KATNISS' POV

"Gale?" i said almost silently, we stumbled upon the military forces weapons room

Peeta seemed unphased and began to walk down the hall to try another room, but i couldn't move

 I already know that Gale was made commander of the Panem "army" but i guess seeing him here, after where we left off, shocked me stiff.

 The room was so shallow that nobody saw the two of us open the door, nobody is staring at me, i could leave right now without making a big deal, if i could just turn around

 I feel Peeta's hand on my arm, he whispers something, it sounds like "let's go" but i can't tell for sure.

 If only my feet would move, i see Gale shifting positions, he turns slightly, he's going to walk this way! Move legs, move!

 They won't, so breath deep and grab Peeta's hand off my arm

i straighten up and look straight at him. At first i think i see a hint of joy in his eyes, it quickly retreats to pain, then too emotionless.

 I can't tell what he's thinking. That's never happened to me before, we've always been able to know what each other's thoughts... wait does he know what im thinking? 

Peeta says i'm really bad at hiding my emotions, i remember a conversation that Finnick and i had before the chariot ride during the quarter quell

"Everyone seems to know my secrets before i do myself" i had said

"Unfortunately, i think this is true" he had said with a slight smile. "Unfortunately" i doubt that was a strong enough word for it. 

Throughout the whole rebellion, everyone knew my next step, it was about Peeta, it was ALWAYS about Peeta. But one glance at the look i Gales eyes and i know, He knows.

"Katniss" he said silently, he walked to the door and closed it behind him, forcing us into the hallway. I look to my right, the way peeta had gone, i see him nowhere, i swallowed hard and stood up straight, looking him in the Gray eyes

"Gale" i say

"Katniss we should go" i heard Peeta say, he's on my left, i can feel him right next to me.

There's a hint of challenge in his voice, i suppose through all of the time i spent deciding between them, the one person's feeling which i did not consider, was Peeta's.

"Are you looking for the meeting room?" Gale asks, i am worried that he wants to bring us there, that's easily a 3 minute walk.

 Finnick once called them my candidates. But he simply pointed down the hall 

"to the left" he said, but before he went back, when Peeta's back was turned, he let his guard down, he showed emotion in his eyes. He let me see into him. I'm not sure yet what it was i saw, but i know that he still wants to be apart of my life. And the answer to that is a resounding no.

hey guys!! the story is starting to pick up! comment any subplots you would like to see and have an awesome day! (p.s sorry its so short)