Chapter 23; Part 2 - The White-haired Beauty

Namae felt like she couldn't breathe. Her chest felt tight as she ran towards the direction of cries in the thick, green forest. She would lie if she wasn't fascinated by the forest's wonders. She ran as her lungs were about to give up on her. She felt like her legs were about to break and fall off like prosthetics. She didn't give up. A gift given by the gods was a blessing. She was able to hear cries, agony and suffering from the spirit beasts from around. She felt like this one was a lot worse.

She arrived with her hands on her knees, taking huge gulps of air. She couldn't believe what she saw with her own eyes in a grassy opening in the middle of the forest.

An injured, huge, white fox with nine-tails. The fox's bleeding ears twitched and turned her head to Namae.

"What do you want, you filthy human?" A female voice snarled at Namae. The fox standing up, wincing of course, and whipping her tails in different directions before stumbling down again. Namae sighed and went to the fox's aid, the latter has her guard up. "Just relax." She smiled as she spoke to the fox telepathically. She gently placed her hands on the fox's fur as it glowed in a lime green. "I never expected a brat to be the Reaper." Namae pouted at her as she watched the wounds close on the fox's body. "Can't you speak?" Namae shook her head 'no' and responded to her telepathically, "I lost my ability to hear as Karma, you can say." Namae said, touching her ears. "I choose not to speak because.." Namae trailed off sentence. "You haven't found the man with the eyes resembling the red-eyed pinwheel?" The fox asked, leaning her head on her paw. She shook her head and started vigorously scratching her head in frustration. "I'm an independent woman! I can handle myself! But Kami doesn't want to agree with me." She pouted and layed on the soft, grass bed. "Just speak, Jashin would happily take your voice next because you aren't using that not a lot have." Her eyes stared at the blue sky which seems to be never-ending with the clouds passing by. "Besides, you already found him." The fox said as she points into a direction. Namae's turned to her right and saw Indra the same way she arrived here.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Indra raised his voice, looking at her with his Sharingan. Namae gasped when she saw his eyes. She stood up and walked towards him, it made Indra raised his guard even more, thinking that Namae was an enemy. "T-T-They're B-Beaut-t-tiful.." Namae could only utter in awe. Indra widened his eyes, "W-What do you think you're doing?" He breathed out. "T-They sparkle! L-l-like rubies!" She stuttered out in his language, not even knowing what Indra was saying. She caressed her thumb on his brow. It felt like Indra was leaning into her touch. Namae grinned.

"She seems very fond of you." The fox glared at Indra, swishing her tails in annoyance. "Who are you?" Indra reaches out for his kunai holster when a hand stops him, turns out it was Namae who shook her head. She looked at the fox. All the fox did was sigh. "I can speak to Namae-sama telepathically. I will be her voice. You better listen, you brat." Indra glared at the fox and went ahead, walking in front of Namae and the fox. Namae was about to run back to the village but her legs gave up on her and fell with the yelp. Indra turned around to see no Namae behind him and looked at the ground to see the wincing female.

"Tch. You used too much chakra on healing me." The fox's tail grabbed her tiny body and let her sit on her back with soft, red-designed fur. "Thank you, umm.." Namae responded and trailed off for she never knew the fox's name. "Kitsu." The fox bowed her head, or rather Kitsu. She grinned and said, "Thank you, Kitsu-san!"

Indra clicked his tongue and left on his own, making Namae sweatdropped and politely asked Kitsu to walk behind him, who annoyingly obliged.

~Arriving To The Village~

"It's the demon fox! It's been taking our villagers one by one! Kill it!" One of the villagers yelled, holding his rake up in the air. Indra couldn't get anymore confused. "You never said it was a fox, not a beast." Indra spoke, his eyes hardened at the villagers who he thought were lying.