Chapter 8 - The Gate

Ragged breaths came out from the red-headed female. Bruises and cuts were evident on her skin, as well as dirt. She lies down on the concrete ground with Tsunade looking down at her.

"You've grown up alot." Tsunade smiled as she placed her hands on her hips.

Tsunade gave out her hand to Shina as she took it, elevating herself from the ground. Shizune came out from the forest holding TonTon.

"It's already late at night, Tsunade-sama. We should go back to the inn and prepare our journey back to Konoha."

'Right, we're going back to Konoha tomorrow.' Airama said in Shina's mind. 'I know right? We get to see dumb Uchiha's again.' Kurama growled at the back of her mind.

Shina silently giggled at Kurama's retort. The trio went to their hotel.

Shina drifted her mind back to Konoha. She already heard that her father was the Hokage. She was estatic, giving her parents a bunch of letters since she left Konoha. Her parents would do the same, telling to her about her baby brother, Naruto. Kushina told her that the baby was about to be born around this month. She wished Kushina would give birth when Shina was around. Shina could imagine herself holding her little brother in her arms, giggles from the baby erupting from his mouth. She also heard that Rin and Obito died. Sure, she met Rin already, but, Obito wasn't there, as if he wasn't dead.

They went to a bar that Tsunade wanted to gamble at, so they could eat dinner (minus Tsunade). Tsunade already went to another table full of gamblers, leaving Shizune and Shina in a different table eating dinner.

As they finished, with Tsunade empty-handed, Shina decided to get her sensei's money back, because Tsunade's already drunk and out of money.

"HAH! I wonder what this kid can do!" The man that took Tsunade's money reeked of saké already. Beside him were four bottles of saké.

'Man, this man can drink alot.'

The gamble started. They simply started with cards, giving out cards and taking from the deck. Shina kept winning, the man was frustrated and Kurama and Airama were snickering their butts off.

Why?

Shina's cheating.

Shina hid her weak cards under her sleeve, holding the strongest cards in her grip. Shina sneakily placed her sleeved hand on the deck, the cards were slipping out of it. After that, the man took the weakest cards, giving Shina the opportunity to get the unknown cards from the deck, handing her a win.

"Royal straight flush?!" The old man exclaimed. His widened eyes flicker to Shina and the cards.

'I never lose at cards~' Shina cockily thought, an evil grin plastered on her face.

Tsunade laughed evilly. "Looks like you underestimated a four-year old." The man grunted and huffed. Tsunade took the money that sat on the table as Shina blew a raspberry at the man.

They went to the hotel, Tsunade feeling fresh about her money being back.

Walking towards the hotel, Airama spoke to Shina, "We have a lot of souls coming to the Gate." Her tone was at her edge. Shina furrowed her eyebrows. Kurama's tails were moving more than usual. More likely, vigorously.

"Kura-chan, what's gotten into you?" Shina asked the fox.

"Someone's tampering my chakra." He growled, his voice was deeper than usual also, almost like a man in his period.

"You must be imagining things Kura-chan." Shina reassured him, although, she lied to herself. She could still feel Kurama's chakra, far, far away. From the direction of Konoha.

She shrugged it off, thinking it wad just her imagination. Sometimes, she could feel Kurama's chakra just right outside her body. That's just the chakra around her body... right?

As soon as she opens the hotel door, she dashes towards the bathroom and immediately washes herself in cold water. After that, she placed all her things inside her bag to prepare her trip for tomorrow.

She plummets herself onto the bed and she could her eyelids heavy. She faded into darkness.

She transports herself to the Gate.

~《Kushina》~

She stood inside a black atmosphere, feeling cold and lonely.

'Where am I?'

Kushina touched her surroundings and everything faded into yellow. She stepped unto a direction little by little. A light appeared right beside her. Cautious, she jumped a few feet away from the light. The light formed into her husband.

"Minato!" Kushina hugged her beloved tightly, the male hugged her back. "Where are we, Minato?! I'm scared about Naruto! Will he be safe? Will he have friends? Sasuke looks like he'll be friends with Naruto, right?!" Minato hated to see her break down in his arms. He immediately hugged her, clutching on her green dress.

"I'm sure Naruto will be fine." A familiar voice said, her silky voice echoed in the atmosphere made the couple jump in fright.

The voice appeared with the body.

Her small but built body with her kimono that was given to her by her mother and her ninja sandals.

"Shina!" Both of the parents ran into her arms, hugging her tightly as tears falled out of their eyes. A moment of silence was welcome for them.

"Shina, do you know where we are?" Minato asked, cluelessly looking at his surroundings.

"I know." The couple looked at her. "We are at the Gate."

"The Gate?" Both of them asked cluelessly.

  "People who are decided who go to Jashin's or Kami's." The couple looked at her in astonishment.

"S-So.."

"Both of you passed away." Their breath hitched.

"Are you, did you also pass away?" Kushina was scared to mutter out the word 'die'. Shina was too young to die in her age. "No."

"I'm the guardian of the Gate."

She walked forward, poking their foreheads. Kushina hissed as Minato looked at her, who didn't know what she was doing.

"So that's why."

"What's what?"

Shina looked at them, her grey eyes glistened as tears escaped from her eyes.

"I'm proud to be a big sister and I'll protect Naruto with all my life!"

i didnt know how to end this :p