April Fools joke IGNORE

***UPDATE***Actual chapter later today (04/29)

Another chapter for you nerds! Hopefully it hasn't been too long.

~~~~~

GAME OVER

Chapter 44 [Next Steps]

~~~~~

Seto never respawned.

Adam searched the town entirely for a phone and finally found one after breaking into a house. His guilty conscious tore at his gut even though it was for the sake of getting back to the AHD as quickly as possible.

But when Adam finally got the phone to Captain Mau and when she finally managed to send a distress signal and when they finally managed to make their way back to the AHD after help arrived, Seto was nowhere to be found.

"I want a report of the past hour since I've been gone," Captain Mau leaned on Adam and used him as a crutch.

"Roger!"

"O and Jin take two groups and divide up provisions and medical treatment to the refugees. We need to bring everyone here for safety reasons. Barney, Mary, and Ally, you three will be in charge of setting up a shelters for all the arriving refugees. Make sure to provide towels and as much spare clothing as we have."

"Yes Sirs!" Barney's voice overpowered the other two.

"You can delegate whomever you need to help you, we'll be busy for the next few hours," Everyone dispersed and set about their duties with the utmost urgency.

"Adam help me towards the offices."

"What about your injuries, you get those checked out--"

"Time is of the essence, I need to send word to the king of our current situations and get my forces in the capital to prepare for war. My injuries can wait, let's get moving."

Adam and the Captain made their way across the bridge and into one of the office buildings. Captain Mau began addressing the woman behind the desk, "I need you to locate Tyler Brotato, I don't care how, I need to get in contact with him."

"I'm afraid I can't do that ma'am, he's completely gone offline, no, he's been offline since leaving his job to you temporarily. He has made no efforts in reaching out or checking in. There is no way for me to find him right now."

Captain Mau grumbled, "Then start sending out orders to my DROP officers to keep their eyes out for him, I want a report as soon as he's been spotted, now is not the time to be pursuing some secret mission he won't tell anyone about. He has a duty here to help out in this war," the Captain slammed her fist down on the desk.

"Y-yes ma'am, I'll send out orders to the capital and all other DROP operators."

"Thank you, sorry for snapping," the Captain winced for a moment.

"Now will you get your injuries looked at?" Adam fussed.

"Fine."

~~~~~

Adam was rummaging through Seto's home, which was also like his home. It felt frighteningly empty without the grumpy sorcerer here and Adam still couldn't understand what came over him. Everything Seto did since that moment he snapped was unordinary and now he was nowhere to be found.

Now he was dead as that Ender Alista said.

Adam looked at the messy cave, Seto never was good at staying organized. All over the floor remained the crumpled papers that Seto had been focused on writing on.

Adam reached down to pick one up. He opened it knowing that there would be only one word written in it. Why was Seto such a fool. He loved and cared for Jason and he was never the same after his death. He was a fool.

Even when Seto acted like it didn't bother him Adam knew how foolish he was to pretend.

Dear readers, let me interject that Seto was the only fool around. Een though Seto was close to breaking his curse, he still failed because he held onto a misguided notion that he was above his feelings, that he could continue to live without them. But that's beside the point, what is done is done, Adam must reconcile with this fact for fate has changed.

In the past Resentment never perished until the final battle, there, they would strike down Strength and ignite a passion in Vengence who would bring his whole home crashing to the void. But now Adam is faced with an already changing path, what he chooses to do now will rocket him towards an inescapable destiny.

And with that note, I end it off here revealing the actual fool to be you.

~~~~~

Was that fun? I hope so, but do not fret.

90% of this chapter is actually real and is taken from my draft of the actual chapter 44, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. It's mainly the last couple of paragraphs that were ad-libbed.

I'll try to finish the actual chapter soon, but no promises.

Whelp, gonna go perish is school, happy April Fools.