Chapter Thirteen [Demons of the Void]

I wrote most of this chapter today. Ahaha merry christmas/christmas eve. I've been wanting to post some pictures of my travels but Wattpad hates me so I can't ;-;. You'll just have to wait until I return home to American,  or look at my insta sinces there are pics there. (catthedrawer)

Since I'm staying home today, I hope I can get a lot of writing done, or maybe some drawings.

Until then, enjoy this chapter!

~~~~~

GAME OVER

Chapter 13 [Demons of the Void]

~~~~~

"I'm really, really sorry, I didn't mean anything by it. And I didn't mean to offend you or anything." Adam caught up to Seto down in his cave.

Seto turned on his heel and looked at Adam, "Offend me? I don't feel, I don't get offended. What I dislike is you butting into my business!"

"I just wanted to--"

"Stop, just don't say a word. Whether I like it or not you were shoved into my care. But that doesn't mean you are anything more than a nuisance in my home."

"O-Oh..." Adam stopped walking, he cast his eyes down.

"Do you get it now? Here in the AHD you stick your nose into everything and do nothing useful in return!" Seto slammed his staff into the ground to emphasize his point. Small purple flames sparked from the point of impact. Seto spun away, his cloak fluttering behind him as he entered his cave. Adam opened his mouth to say something and reached out his hand to do something. He stopped.

His fingers just barely scraping the wooden surface of Set's staff. Adam was shocked into silence. And he stood there in quiet numbness. A wave of feelings washed over him, but not his own, someone else's. And with these feelings came a whole new world Adam has never seen.

~~~~~

"Papa, tell me again. Tell me the story again." The innocent purple eyes of a young child who looked only 6 stared up into that of a man. The man's eyes wise but a gentle brown held the young boy in his lap. They sat beneath a fruitless apple tree.

"But you've heard it a hundred times Seto, why don't you tell me the story. You know it so well."

"But papa, only you can tell it. You found it right? In that book, right?" The smaller version of Seto pointed to a half opened knapsack, inside the bag was the mysterious book Seto always carried around. It didn't look any different, still the same unreadable book, "You've deci...de-ci....de..."

"Deciphered."

"Uh huh, you deciffffered it, right?"

"Almost, I've almost uncovered this book's secrets." The man smiled. A gentle breeze blew by.

"Will you teach me? Will you teach me Runic Papa?"

"When you're older Seto." Seto nodded. The man lifted Seto up from under his arms and turned him to face him face to face, "How about that story?"

Seto nodded and grinned, And what do we say?"

"Pweeeeassse!"

"Good job!" The man stood up with Seto standing next to him. The man packed up his bag and carried it over his shoulder, he grabbed Seto's hand and they walked. "Which one do you want to hear?"

"The one about Celean! I wanna hear the one about the True Origin and the War!"

The man laughed wholeheartedly, "You sure love that one, don't you?" Seto nodded.