Chapter Nine [An Anomaly]

Ugh, this took a long time to finish. Ugh. But lots of hints, literally a fuck ton of hints for you to jot down in your non-existent notebook fo things.

GAME OVER

Chapter 9 [An Anomaly]

~~~~~

There's a knock outside of Seto's base, causing Adam to perk up from his search for a book. He stiffened when he saw Ty's tall figure outside the entrance. Adam felt himself grab a book and use it to shield his face, not that it does much for him. Adam realized that Seto never looked up, he was looking over a book as he stood by the cauldron in the center of the room.

"Adam is in here if you are looking for him, Ty."

"Eeep! Seto!" Adam squeaked.

Ty walked in, his footsteps were even and quiet. Adam wished he could just vanish from Ty's eyes.

"So...mind tell--"

"It was an accident! I swear!" Adm shouted, interrupting Ty. Adam felt a hand yank him by his shirt.

Adam was brought dangerously close to Ty's face as his red eyes cut through Adam, and Ty yelled, "An accident? How do you explain running off an accident! Give me my card back, that girl is still here because of you!"

Adam fumbled for his pocket and pulled out the card Ty had given him, he dropped it. Ty dropped Adam and picked up the card.

Adam felt like a screw up, stupid, stupid, stupid. Why couldn't he stay focused for more than 10 minutes.

"Now listen here, I've had it up to my wits end with you. This is a professional setting in which life or death is very real, you can count your screw up as costing lives--"

"Ty, you're disturbing the peace--"

"Dammit Seto, I'm in the middle--"

"You may head the AHD, but Level I is not in your jurisdiction. This is my domain to do with as I see fit, and if I say you are disturbing the peace, then you are disturbing the peace."

"And look, if Adam is that much of a screw up, then I will keep him down here until I see he is fit to return to any level higher than I. That will keep him out if your hair long enough to get some peace."

"Fine, he does not set foot on the ravine pathway until he shapes up," Ty hissed, turned away, and walked out of the room.

After several moments Adam started to wail, his hands clutching on to Seto's shoes, "Setooooo! Ty hates me!!!! My hero hates me!"

"Get off me you damn fool," Seto responded with a kick to Adam's face.

"Ow," Adam sat up and rubbed his forehead.

"Now stand up!" Adam did as he was told, Seto had his hands on his hips, and still despite the fact that Adam was taller, the guy was still intimidating, "Listen here Adam, you've gotten on everyone's nerves for the last time. Here and now I'm going to make you more Player ready, and you will do as you are told, no questions asked. You will not allow anything to distract you, and most of all, you will not become a distraction. Do I make myself clear?

"Yes sir!" Adam gulped, he wasn't sure if he was ready for this.

~~~~~

Please send help. Send lots of help.

It seemed that for the short time Adam has been staying here, Seto was only going easy on him....

Really easy.