Chapter Eight [Alesa Clarks]

Another chapter is out! 

GAME OVER

Chapter 8 [Alesa Clarks]

~~~~~

Adam walked into the main room. Seto was hunched over that old book again. Adam snuck up from behind and tried to peer at the book. Seto only growled at him and grabbed his staff resting next to him. He angled it at Adam who backed off quickly.

"I'm just curious, no need to get so protective!" Adam had his hands held up in self defense.

"Ever heard curiosity killed the cat? No? Learn it."

"What do you know about the language so far?"

"Did you not hear me? Oh, whatever. I'll give you this at least, you have the potential to be a good scholar--" Seto sat up from his hunched position and turned to look at Adam. He let his guard down, "Why did you agree to participate in one of Jason's crazy experiments, he gave you a contract that should've warned you of the danger, You could be living a normal, peaceful life."

"I thought it would be cool," Adam grinned.

"Should've known," Seto responded by muttering and shaking his head, he turned back to his table and skimmed through what he was writing.

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to tell you one thing. As seen in the book, the language appears to be a long string of symbols with no spaces, pauses, or breaks. However that isn't true. The one thing I know is there are a total of 52 different symbols, and well a few more, but those are special cases. Ignoring the special cases, half of the 52 are replicas of the first 26, the only difference is an added dot. My theory is that the dots are equal to that of a letter and a space combined. Implying for every letter accompanied by a dot, it is also the start of a new word."

Adam's heard hurt.

Seto sighed, "Come here, I'll show you."

Adam moved closer and looked over Seto's shoulder. Seto grabbed a pen and a piece of paper and wrote a few things down. When he was done, Adam saw a few of the symbols from the book.  

"You see this, now I may not know what letter these symbols correspond too, but I am fairly certain they are the exact same letter

"You see this, now I may not know what letter these symbols correspond too, but I am fairly certain they are the exact same letter. Just one is used in the middle of a word, and the other used at the beginning to signify a new word has begun."

"Oh! That makes so much sense! How'd you even figure that?"

"Unimportant. Now does my answer satisfy you?" Adam nodded happily, "Good, now shoo."

Adam nodded again, "Sorry to bother you again, I'm heading to Level A, I'll be back in a few hours."

"Mhm." Seto answered absentmindedly.

Adam left. He was told just yesterday after running a few more errands for Seto that he was going to help out on Level A today. Apparently Ty needed him, at least that's what he heard from Tyler.