🕱Chapter Thirty-Seven [5]🕱

I am on a ROLL! Whoo, another update! The hiatus was good for me! This chapter is pretty juicy and you may recognize some stuff. Slowly but surely we are reaching the end of this long tale.

This has been my longest book yet) Falling to Rise only had 32 chapter and we are already almost at 40!

Though Falling to Rise is a series lol.

~~~~~

GAME OVER

Chapter 37 [5]

~~~~~

Adam woke, but he wasn't in the dark and empty void he normally found himself in after death. He was elsewhere. A dark room.

Who are you? Adam heard the soft whimper of a child. Adam squinted to peer into the dark room, the only light that fell was the light of the moon through the small, barred window.

"Er, d-do--"

It's ok child, I'm a friend, Adam spun to look behind him. He was separated by a wall of bars and on the other side was a woman. A soft and familiar green glow surrounded her.

I want to...go home, Adam looked back and as his eyes adjusted to the darkness he was finally able to make out the small and huddled form of a small child. This was a cell, he was experiencing yet another vision of sorts. It seemed that after each death his visions of the past(?) were getting clearer.

These visions were also connected to his present, there was no way such an uncanny similarity was just a coincidence. Not with everything that happened between Ty, Jason, and Seto being almost mirrors of events he saw when he died before.

Don't worry, I promise I'm here to free you, just promise me to be quiet. Can you do that? The woman placed gentle hands on the bars.

What Adam didn't understand, was, what he was supposed to do with these visions. Were they warnings? Hints? He never really had them before he joined the AHD. He didn't even know why he had them.

Adam saw the little boy nod. Good, I'm ԍboH. The woman took out a set of keys and unlocked the door to the cell. She approached slowly, why don't you tell me your name?

I'm....Innocence.

Nice to meet you Innocence.

Was Adam dreaming....or did he hear that right? Innocence? No, that wasn't what was weird, what was weird is that he heard a name. Before all he hear was garbled nonsense and here he could hear a name. Was it the boy's real name, or was there another reason.

Take my hand, it's time for you to go home.

I can finally see my mommy?

Yes. The woman nodded.

He felt these visions were telling a story. From the first vision he had, to the ones he had now. A missing child, conflicts over this child, and now the rescue of this child. It was just like now, just like what Seto and Jason had done. But why was everything seemingly repeating.

Adam shielded his eyes, as the world around him changed. He was no longer in a dark cell, but instead he was in a--Adam covered his ears.

A battlefield.

Around him were a blur of fighting figures, all of which never touched him. He wasn't really here of course.

A purple light erupted in the distance, it was dark and devouring and Adam was mesmerized by its terrible beauty. But as quickly as this dark and powerful light came it vanished at the sound of a scream. Adam didn't notice the cracks in the ground. Adam was too deep in a crowd to fully make out the situation, but his ears still picked up on parts of a conversation.