Chapter Thirty-Five [The Ring]

It’s been a while, hasn't it? Sorry, I have a Sweet Desire chapter almost done so stay tuned for that!

And I have an idea what to write for the next GO chapter so hopefully it won't be a terribly long wait.

~~~~~

GAME OVER

Chapter 35 [The Ring]

~~~~~

The sun hung high in the sky by the time the car’s engine was turned off. Adam was prompted to leave the safety of the car walls when Captain Mau exited and gestured for everyone to do the same. Though only Barney and Ross were in the car he had ridden in, Adam saw Jin exit the second car and hurry over to the three of them.

“Where are we?” Adam looked around, there was a large expanse of grass, just like it was at the AHD, but then he saw something peculiar. Small islands floating sporadically in a black inky mass, like a blackened lake, or like an void pool, the pools of dark liquid found in the end. Adam inched closer, “Is this a void pool?”

“Step away unless you want to die, we are currently at the edge of Rekrium territory. We are standing before the Ring that keeps us all here.”

Adam’s eye’s widened and he took several steps back. The Ring? This was no blackened lake or even a void pool, this was directly the void. An empty abyss where no one returned from. All the floating islands were just that, floating, unstable masses of land. Any one of them could fall if unbalanced.

The Ring surrounds all of Rekrium due to the curse that keeps Rekrium isolated from the world.

Adam took several steps back  and looked back at the Captain.

“The problem that I’ve gathered with you Adam, is you act purely by your gut alone. Plenty of times I have done the same, however, you lack what I have. Knowing when to follow orders and when to rely on gut...this goes for your friends too, but more so you than them.”

“Y-yes ma’am,” Adam bowed his head.

“You’re test is simple, doing what your friends should have done around a traitor or possible traitor.”

“What is that?”

Captain Mau frowned and shook her head, “Stall, apprehend, or defeat said foe, or go for help.”

Adam’s eyes widened, he could understand that, but the problem he had now was that there was no “traitorous” friend or foe to do anything against.”

Jess signaled and the few AHD soldiers that had come surrounded Adam leaving the only open space as the void. They kept their distance however and allowed Adam plenty of room.

“Ross, despite your promotion, I am not a fool to believe you knew absolutely nothing of what two of your roommates were conspiring. This will be enough punishment for you, you will play the role of traitor and shall fight Adam.”

“Wh-what!?” Adam hissed.

“B-but I can’t fight! I’m just an engineer in train—I’m just an engineer!”

“But you still had basic training in combat and swordplay, you should hold out just fine against Adam,” Captain Mau dismissed.

“Captain, with all do respect, Barney or I cou—“

“Need I remind you, the two of you have already been punished, stay out of this. This no longer concerns you,” Captain Mau barked.

“I can’t raise a sword to a friend! Let alone another human being!” Adam tossed down his sword.